16 - Familywoman

Althea

It's now more than a year after Jade gave birth.

"Mahal are you sure you don't want me to stay?"

"It's ok Love. Mama and Jenny are here for me."

"But JJ's giving you a hard time since last night." I said as I approached her with my princess in my arms, she's been crying the whole night and Jade would wake up and attend to JJ as she let me sleep. She said I still have work so she lets me sleep.

She took JJ from me, who's now sleeping but would soon cry if she felt she's not been carried by anyone of us.

"Naglalambing lang siya." she said winking.

"Ok, I'll go to work but call me anytime, ha?" I said.

"I will, go now. You'll be late." she replied and I kissed my princess before going to my son who's silently lying in his little bed. "You both are opposite, aren't you, big fella? JJ so grumpy while you're so serene." I said as I crouched down to him and gave him a kiss but instantly his hand slapped my nose. "What the..." I said in surprised. "What was that for?" I asked as if he understands me.
I heard Jade chuckled.

"He said don't say anything bad to his sister or you're gonna deal with him." Jade said and turned to sleeping JJ "you have a very protective brother here, ha Jj?"

"So that means I'm the antagonist in this family, hmmm." I said while kissing my son again. I want to stay a little longer but I still have a meeting this morning. So I stood up lazily and approached my wife. "I'll go home early." I whispered while giving her a kiss. Long and sweet.

"You're always been early, Love." she said. Yes, I've always been early since Jade and I got back from the States and had our twins. I always see to it that we eat breakfast and dinner together, sometimes during lunch she'll dropped by at my office to bring me food, she just wants to feed me with the food she prepared. Naging parte ako ng paglilihi niya dahil halos everyday nasa office siya. And I saw how she's intimidated with Andrea's presence. She's really jealous of her. I tried to have a leave of absence during her pregnancy. I had but when I'm at home she's pushing me out of our house to work. Hirap lang intindihin.
I can't help but smile of the thought. "Am I the reason for that smile?" Bumalik ang diwa ko sa kasalukuyan.

"Always, Mahal. You're my reason for everything." I truthfully said and she flashed a shy smile. "Got to go." I said and gave her a kiss again then I silently stormed out of the door, if I stay a little longer I would call on sick again.

Jade had moments of loneliness and insecurities when she was pregnant, especially when she sees me talking with lady clients and business partners. Sabi ni Mama part daw ng paglilihi. Nagiging sensitive at selosa siya.
There was one time when she arrived at my office during lunch time and saw Andrea who's wearing bottom down shirt but left 3 open buttons and obviously Jade hated the view.

"What's your size?" Jade asked when Andrea emerged at the door of my office.

"Excuse me, Miss Guevarra?" Andrea asked back while I was surprised too.

"I mean what's the size of your shirt?" Jade repeated.

"Why?" Andrea didn't answer Jade.

"Do you have a younger sister?"'-Jade

"Why?"-Andrea

I saw Jade's expression and she's really starting to get pissed.

"Mahal, bakit mo tinatanong kung may nakababata siyang kapatid?" I intervened trying to cool down the brewing heat. Jade gave me a 'don't-say-another-word-look' then turn her eyes to Andrea again.