Being rutheless is key

"The way you just got up there like you own the place was amazing! You looked like such a boss, then how you shaded Adren! Omg the look on her face!" Emma squealed as we walked through the hallway

It'd been 4 hours since nominations. I still hadn't wrapped my hear around exactly what I'd done.

"I could never have done that!" Emma exclaimed, "I guess maybe it was fate that you went up instead of me. You'd make a much better captain".

"Hey! You know that's not true. I've already said this Em, if you don't want me to do this I will revoke my nomination. I did this for you".
"Don't be silly! You have to put Adren in her place" Emma smiled.
"You sure?"
"Positive" she nodded.

We went out into the parking lot to my car. I noticed from pretty far away that there were already people standing by it. As we got closer I realized it was Adren and her three little minions. They were standing in a line against the drivers side.

"I just want to let you know" Adren began, "it's not too late to pull out. Everyone loses their mind for a moment, I'm sure you're regretting it now".

I scoffed and folded my arms, "is that all, Adren?"
"I guess" she shrugged, "I just wanted to give you a chance but now I'm gonna have to completely humiliate you. Here's a little tip though, when it comes to these things, being ruthless is key" she walked away from my car revealing a long scratch that went from my front door to the back of the car.

She really keyed my car.

"Oh my god" I gasped running my fingers across where the scratch was. "Good luck shrimp!" Adren called across the car park next to her Porsche.
"What the hell!?" Emma exclaimed.
"My dad's gonna be so pissed" I groaned.
"Adren's gonna pay for this" Emma said fiercely as she pulled her phone out of her backpack.

"What are you doing?" I asked.
"I'm calling my uncle, he works at a car dealership, I'm sure he'll know something about how much Adren owes you to fix this".
"That'd be great if we could prove that she did it" I sighed.
"She's a bitch! What more proof do we need?"
"I could key my own care then pin the blame on her easily. Her friends are gonna back her story up, there's really no point Emma" I sighed brushing my hair out of my face.

"What happened to your 'stop this bitch' attitude?!"
"I never said the b word" I corrected, "and it's still there, I just don't think there's much we can actually do about this".
"Blakely" Emma whined.
"Let's go" I sighed getting into the drivers side.

The truth was, I really did want to make Adren pay, but that would getting my parents involved and I knew it would've been way too stressful for my parents. Especially right now... they were both going through so much, they didn't need to file a law suit for me.
I'd just have to suck it up and pay for it myself.

Emma got into the passengers side and made sure to complain during the entire drive to her house. She didn't know about what was going on with my family so she didn't understand why I was letting Adren get away with this. I usually told her everything and I felt bad for keeping this to myself, but there was no way she would understand. Her family was so strong and united, her parents were madly in love and she actually got along with all her siblings.

People thought I was the same as her in that respect. I used to be, but 5 days ago that all changed. Going home was a nightmare, seeing my parents and how they pretended everything was ok hurt me more than anything else.

I drove home slowly and sat in the car for a while. I didn't have any other options than to go inside or stay in the car, Emma had family game night so I couldn't go to hers and she was basically my only friend.

I rested my forehead against the wheel and forced myself not to cry, I'd already cried enough that day. I had to put on a brave face for my parents. If they knew how much this hurt me, it'd hurt them even more.

I didn't know how long I had been there for, but the sun setting behind my house told me it's been a while, I figured it was probably time to come out. I climbed out of the car and grabbed my school bag from the back seat and tried to ignore the long scratch across my door as I locked the car.

I walked inside and found my dad with the same woman I'd caught him with the first time, lying on top of him with her tongue down his throat.

They both got up quickly but not quickly enough for me to miss anything. The top few buttons of the woman's blouse were undone and she had my dad's belt on her shoulders.

"Blakely" dad gasped.
"Yeah, I'm home" I said dryly. This was the third time I'd caught them together, except never before in our FAMILY LIVING ROOM.
"I'm sorry Blakely" he sighed.
"So am I" I nodded, "but I'm not even surprised. You do realize you're still married to mum, right?"
"Yes, I do" he began to walk closer to me, "Blakely honey-"
"Don't come any closer" I said holding my hand up. He stopped and nodded understandingly, "and don't call me honey" I mumbled rushing up the stairs.

I threw my backpack against my wall then dropped onto my bed and screamed in my pillow for a really really long time. I had tried to hold it together so hard, I was bound to fall apart eventually.