Carwash

Blakely's POV
The whole day at school was pretty uneventful without Emma there, in fact, the whole week was. I sat in the library at Lunch rather than the cafeteria. I knew Chris or Lucas would try convince me to sit with them and that was stress and drama I didn't need. The only thing of any significance that happened all week was Sammy reminding me about the car wash on Saturday. As you can imagine, it wasn't something I was excited about.

"Why is everything boring to you? Have you ever even been to a party?" Chris had asked me in socials. Some days he would leave his usual spot at the back of the classroom to keep my company, Friday was one of those days. "Not everything. Just things that leave me wet, dirty, annoyed, creeped out or without full control of my behavior" I listed in a duh tone. "So basically anything I find fun?" He asked. "Exactly" I smiled, "hey, I forgot to ask Sammy, what time am I supposed to show up tomorrow?"
"Well I'm gonna rock up at 10 with Lucas, you can come then or a bit later if you want" he shrugged.

"I can't believe this is a thing I'm actually engaging in" I groaned dropping my head on Chris' shoulder. "It'll be fun!" He chuckled. "If you think it'll be fun then it definitely won't be. We just went over this" I rolled my eyes.
Chris laughed and made an obvious effort to avoid the topic for the rest of class. I was very grateful for that, talking about it put me in a horrible mood.

Speaking of moods, Lucas had been in a pretty strange one for the whole week, he would stare at me thoughtfully in History and Socials and basically every other class I had with him, then when I looked back at him he pretended as if he weren't looking. Obviously I tried to confront him about it but he somehow managed to evade the topic and turn the conversation into something stupid and pointless. I really don't know how he successfully did it every time, but he did.

The dreaded day was finally upon me. Saturday, which equaled car wash day. I rolled out of my bed and stretched my arms above my head. I couldn't believe I was really getting up before 10am on the weekend for this. It was probably an all time low for me.

I had a quick shower and made sure to shave my legs, I wasn't going to be able to wear slacks today which not only saddened me deeply, but also really frustrated me, I lived for my slacks.

I groaned as I stared at the only swimsuit I had. Obviously I wasn't going to be wearing it and it alone, I would layer up; but I figured since I would be around water it would be best to wear swimmers rather than regular underwear. Unfortunately I only had one swimsuit that had a hope of fitting me, and it was very very little material. I had never thought about getting another one because I never swam, me and the outdoors didn't get on, I didn't do tanning, I didn't go to the beach and I definitely didn't do swimming, so there was no point.

I did get a lot of comfort from knowing that no one would actually see the swimmers I intended on wearing. There was no way I would ever wear the small burgundy bikini top and the matching bottoms alone. The only reason I had it was because Emma had bought it but then realized it wouldn't fit her before she even tried it on, so it was passed down to me.

I forced myself to stop staring at it and put it on, then without even looking at myself, I pulled on pair of loose khaki green shorts and an even looser black shirt. It fell off my shoulder slightly exposing my burgundy strap, but I didn't mind too much. At least no one would see my tummy or butt, couldn't say the same for Adren, Sammy and the others.

I grabbed my brown ropey backpack and shoved my wallet, phone and a pair of flip flops in there before grabbing my keys and taking my time out of the house. My dad had most likely gone for a run, so I sent him a text letting him know where I was going when I got into the car then I threw my phone back into my bag and pulled out of the driveway.