Chapter 5

Lena opened her eyes, slowly, the light streaming in her bedroom window making her squint her eyes in discomfort, as she rolled over in her bed, an effort to keep the bright morning light away from her, it was in times like these that she could easily be mistaken for a vampire. Lena gasped slightly as she turned over and was met with a beautiful blonde, in a deep sleep lying right beside her. For a split second there, Lena had forgotten all about last night. After the two women had kissed and made up, metaphorically of course, but hell did Lena wish it was literal.  The two of them had visited ever single bar in the city last night, and a couple of clubs on top of that, before they crashed at Lena's apartment. Kara wanted to avoid Mikes judgemental looks, and of course Lena was more than happy to comply. 

Lena caressed the sleeping blonde's cheek with the back of her hand, letting out a sigh as she did so, it frustrated her every day that it could never just be her and Kara, there was always someone else in the picture. On Kara's said that was, Lena had never really had a love interest in her life, she had, had flings of course, but nothing ever serious her mind was always taken up with thoughts about Kara. 

Kara's eyes opened rather suddenly, which startled Lena as she pulled her hand back quickly, hoping that Kara hadn't been aware of what she was doing. Lena's cheeks glowed a light shade of red, as her emerald green eyes made contact with Kara's deep blue ones, the blonde yawned, stretching slightly, Lena couldn't contain the smile that had broken out on her face, how could one human woman be so undeniably cute. It wasn't fair. 

"Hey" Kara mumbled as she nuzzled her face into Lena's shoulder, closing her eyes once again. Lena's heart began to beat overwhelmingly fast, she could smell the coconut coming from Kara's silky blonde hair, the smell surrounding her, she was sure she was sweating right about now, and she was pretty much falling apart at the intimacy of this whole thing. Lena didn't know what to say or how to react, it was just so awkward, maybe not for Kara, but for her it was cringe worthy.  

"Im going to go make a pot of coffee" Lena murmured as she rolled out of bed, Kara smiled after Lena, as she scuttled out of the bedroom and into the kitchen, she was wearing a baggy t-shirt and underwear, and there was just to much skin to skin contact going on in that bed for her to handle. She let her breathing settle back into its usual rhythm before putting the kettle onto boil for the pot of coffee she said she was making. Suddenly there was a knock at the apartment door, Lena winced in pain, this hangover had given her a monster of a headache. Lena dragged her body over to the door opening it and to her annoyance there on the other side stood the apple of Kara's eye, Mike, of course. 

"Is she here?" Mike asked angrily, not even waiting for a reply he stormed past Lena, right into her apartment. "Kara! Kara!" Mike shouted, Lena winced again, holding her hand to her head as she closed the door to her apartment. 

"Yes, please do come in" Lena remarked sarcastically as she walked back into the kitchen, she really needed a pot of black coffee right about now. She heard a clatter coming from her bedroom, and soon enough Kara had emerged a forced smile plastered on her face, she was obviously feeling all that alcohol from last night as well, and she had never been that good at handling her liquor. Lena couldn't stop staring at what Kara was wearing, how on earth had she not noticed sooner, the only thing Kara was wearing was black lingerie. 

"You were in her bedroom" Mike remarked, "Wearing that" He growled, his hands baled up into fists of anger. 

"Its not what you think Mike" Kara said moving closer but he took a couple of steps back, holding out his arm to stop Kara moving any closer. Mike looked over to where Lena was standing, she gulped unsure of what exactly he was going to do, and about how much she could handle with a hangover like this. 

"Fuck you Luthor Bitch!" Mike shouted, as he stormed out of the apartment. 

"Fuck yourself it'd be cheaper!" Lena shouted back as he slammed the apartment door behind him, Kara had already thrown on a discarded t shirt that she had found on Lena's couch and was opening the apartment door. 

"I need to go" Kara said, smiling sadly as she ran out of the apartment and after Mike. Lena sighed heavily, what a night. 

Authors Note:

Hey guys sorry for not updating In have had a lot of stuff on but I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for all the votes, comments and reads it means a lot!