Chapter 18

Sam left the lab after making sure that both Kara and Lena's vitals were stable, she knew that those two had a lot of talking to do, and she for one did not want to witness the amount of tension she knew would be in the room. 

Lena walked over to where Kara was sitting as soon as Sam had left. She pulled a seat over so she was sitting beside the blonde, who immediately pulled her into a huge embrace. Wrapping her cold, pale hands around Lena's strong and adrenaline filled body.  Lena hugged Kara back, smelling her blonde head as she left a kiss on her forehead that was now stretched with worry lines. 

"I'm sorry I never listened to you about Mike, I just figured because you used to have a crush on me that you were jealous." Kara paused trying to hold back her tears and tried to get the last of her sentence out. "When you were just trying to be my best friend." Kara finished, her voice slightly muffled as she spoke into Lena's chest. Lena hugged the woman harder, rubbing her back, trying to calm her down as she felt her blouse becoming wet from Kara's tears. 

"It doesn't matter now, and you weren't completely wrong I was jealous, but not because I used to have a crush on you." Lena stopped pulling back from Kara so they were now looking deep into each others eyes. Kara cocked her head curiously, she thought it was obvious that Lena had a crush on her, had she seriously been wrong this entire time? "I still do have a crush on you Kara." Lena managed to force out of her mouth, she decided after recent events that facing her own demons seemed to be a better idea than trying to push them below the surface. "I'm sorry it took me this long to truly admit it, If I knew this was all it took for me to finally be honest with you, I would have infected you with radiation months ago." Kara chuckled slightly at Lena's comment, although she was a little more than surprised at Lena's confession. She thought that Lena had finally moved on from the idea of her, the idea of both of them together. Obviously she was wrong. 

The two women sat in silence for a minute neither of them really knowing what to say. Lena looked hopefully into those familiar blue eyes, hoping that some Hollywood magic would be cast over them and they would go on and live happily ever after. But maybe that was all just to much to hope for, after all Kara was straight wasn't she. 

"Well I also recently did some soul searching, and I have finally been able to admit to myself that I dont just love other women in a friend way but in a romantic way as well. I finally admitted that I was Bisexual Lena." Kara said with a heavy breath, god that felt good to get off of her chest. That's for sure.  Lena was stunned into silence, it had been ages since the thought of Kara being anything but straight had crossed her mind, and she couldn't even bare to think about Kara's bisexuality, the thought of it made her core ache in lust. 

"Do you think theres anyway that you would want to try and em.." Lena began, she was never the smoothest at asking people out, especially when that person was Kara and all she wanted to do in that moment was pin her against the wall and hear her moans ringing loud in her ears. Kara interrupted Lena's monologue seeing the brunette struggling to ask the question, and Kara was pretty sure of what the question would be. 

"I would love to go on a date with you." Kara said with a cheeky glint in her eyes, despite everything that had happened she was genuinely happy in this moment, especially when she saw the surprised look in Lena's eyes, who was completely lost for words. Lena nodded trying to take everything that just happened into her brain, where there was already no room as there was. So in that moment Lena did the only thing her brain could handle, she leaned forward in her chair, grabbing the back of Kara's blonde head and pulled the blonde in for a kiss, their lips crashed together, although it was very clear that Lena was very much in charge of the situation. 

...And that's where we will leave these two women, for this story at least is at its end. Both Lena and Kara would go on to get their happily ever after, wrapped in each others arms for as long as they could hold on to the mortal coil. Sam and Ruby well they travelled the globe, the mother and daughter duo that would eventually go on to find the cure to the rarest kind of bowel cancer, using the same radiation that Kara was once exposed to. As for Mike, well karma came back for him, as he narrowly survived a freak killer whale attack just off the cost of Iceland. Don't forget that everything happens for a reason, fate is the real god over humans and you can never outrun it.

Thank you for reading

THE END.