Chapter 7

"Kara come on we're going to be late!" Lena called from the door to apartment which she was half in, half out, looking at the watch on her hand, they had agreed to meet Alex for dinner at seven that night, because there was something urgent she had to tell them, and Kara was taking ages to get ready. As per usual. It was fifteen minutes until seven, and Lena truly hated being late to anything, even if it was just a dinner with her girlfriends.. Wait, best friend's Sister, Lena quickly corrected her own mind. Kara called something inaudible from the bedroom, to which Lena just rolled her eyes at, honestly she had no idea that this friendship of vinegar and sugar had lasted this long. 

"Im coming, Im coming." Kara announced as she walked hurriedly out of the bedroom, grabbing her clutch off of the kitchen counter, and quickly fixing her hair as she walked by her reflection in the mirror. 

"That what she-" Lena began saying in a joking tone before she saw the goddess Kara herself, she was wearing a sparkling short black dress, with six inch black heels that just made her ass look fantastic as Lena breathed in sharply, trying to not make any guttural sounds that would be deemed inappropriate for any public setting. "Oh my god you're wearing the 'fuck you, fuck this, fuck me' dress." Lena concluded, her pupils must have been dilated to the size of the sun by this point. Kara laughed at Lena's reaction as she posed jokingly before walking out of the half open apartment door that Lena was holding. Every time Kara had been dumped in high school, college or at any point during her life she had pulled that exact dress out of her closet, and she would drag Lena to whatever club she saw first. 

"Wow! so observant" Kara joked sarcastically as the two women walked down the hallway of the apartment building. 

"Please don't tell me that after dinner with Alex, you are planning on dragging me out clubbing like the old days" Lena whined as the women hailed a taxi, telling them the name of the swankiest new restaurant in National City, which Alex had suggested, which was unusual for her as usually whenever they met Alex it was in an alcohol filled bar, maybe she really had grown up. 

"Depends how much you annoy me" Kara said winking, Lena giggled nervously as her face turned the colour of scarlet, she only hoped that Kara hadn't caught on to why, even though her best friend already knew about her embarrassing crush. 

"aye aye captain" Lena retorted, not to be out done, as she looked out of the taxi window at the fleeting streets of National City, there wasn't one silent moment in the Taxi ride to the restaurant, but Lena could tell that Kara was still hurting because of Mike. And it was only now that it had occurred to Lena that maybe she should have told Alex in advance about the whole mess that was Mike and Kara's relationship at this present moment in time. 

Kara and Lena walked into the restaurant, and spotted Alex at a corner table waving them over, they smiled as they approached the table and said their hellos, before sitting down. 

"So what's this urgent news?" Kara asked, hoping it was nothing bad she didn't think she could take another emotional hit quite so soon. Lena looked at Alex curiously, she also had no idea what could be so important that she had to organise a meeting at the most expensive restaurant in time, honestly Lena had glanced at the wine list, and wished she hadn't left her credit card at home. Alex looked nervous as she glanced between the two women sitting opposite her, before suddenly springing to her feet as she started ushering someone else over to the table. Lena and Kara looked around in confusion. 

"Kara, Lena this is my girlfriend, Maggie Sawyer." Alex said nervously, she knew they wouldn't care about her being gay, but her heart was still beating wildly and it wasn't just to do with standing next to, in her opinion, the most beautiful girl on the planet. Lena's eyes almost fell out their sockets as she started chocking on thin air, as she immediately recognised Alex's new muse. Kara looked at Lena concerned.   

"Are you okay?" She asked, Lena recovered herself, as she looked up at Maggie, the woman had one judgemental eye raised. Alex looked between the women, wondering why their seemed to be a stare off happening between the two of them. 

"Well Danvers I never tagged you as the type to be friends with women who tried to bribe police officers." Maggie remarked, folding her arms, a smirk evident on her face, now Alex was even more confused. Kara started laughing as she realised what had happened. 

"This is the police officer you tried to bribe?" Kara said through tears of laughter. 

"We all make mistakes lets move on." Lena muttered, her face still red, as Kara and Maggie began to tell Lena's story of her trip to prison to Alex, who couldn't stop laughing. The dinner went well, and Lena was happy to see Kara was starting to look like her old self, that big cheesy grin on her face, but she knew she was still hurting deep down. 

Lena and Kara stumbled back into Lena's apartment, turns out that restaurant also had a very wide range of alcohol. 

"Leeeeeeeennnaaaaaaaa!" Kara drunkenly whined from the bedroom, as Lena walked uneasily in when she heard her name. She couldn't help but chuckle at Kara who was trying desperately to undo the zip in the dress. "help." She said simply, Lena obliged as she unzipped the back of Kara's dress, her fingers shaking slightly as she was met with the sight of Kara's muscular back, god that woman really did love cross-fit. 

"I-I-need to pee." Lena mumbled, she needed an excuse to get out of that hormone filled environment, she didn't know how much longer she could cope with living so closely with Kara, this is what she imagined hell to be. Being in love with someone but never being able to act on it. 

Authors Note: 

Hey guys I hope that you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the votes, reads and comments it means a lot!