Chapter Two : Almost Free

One week later : Friday

Aphrodite sat on her bed. Her knees up to her chest looking out the window of her bed room. Since what happened Monday she hasn't said a word to anyone. During the abuse she would only shake her head and try to break free. Only to receive a smack or a punch to the face. Her eyes where rivers that never stopped flowing. She cried and prayed that one day she would wake up from a terrible nightmare, but sadly this was her reality.

She prayed that today her dad would go gambling tonight, but instead he announced that he was staying home.
Ever since then she was silent. Not once making a sound.

Her dad came and peeked into her room, his eyes wondered over her face. Her dark almond shaped eyes complimented her full thick lips. Her  wild kinky was up in a bun on top of her head. Her dark skin, full of melanin was smooth. It glowed, she was beautiful. If she smiled you would see her black braces along with her almost straight teeth.

Her body was had fresh bruises all over, some even old and faded. She was timid, afraid. Fearful that if any move she made could result in pain.

She looked over at her door see her father. She was terrified to speak, scared to even move. She looked away and scooted farther into her bed and away from her door. He noticed her  movements and stared at her. Soon it would all come together.

He said nothing.

He closed her door and backed into the hallway. Making his way back to his post in the living room. Aphrodite got up and walked to Dawn's room to talk to him. She arrived at his room to see him on his laptop and cussing someone out on the phone. He stopped all of a sudden and looked at her, his face softened. 

"I'll call you back later girl."
He hung up his phone and closed his lap top.

"Hey. C'mere."

She walked slowly up his bed and sat on the corner of his bed. She waved at him, staring at his wild hair.

"Girl if don't give me a hug."
He said. She scooted over to give him a hug.

"I love you Aphro. I hope you know that. If nobody else does me and Majesty do. "

Everyone knew that Aphro was Majesty and Dawn's weakness. They proctected her from everything that they were able to.

"I wanna be free Dawn, I don't wanna be here anymore. I wanna be happy with you and Majesty. "
She spoke for the first time in a week. Her voice came out quiet and sad. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes, she was always crying.

"I know,  we all are gonna get out of here and take the buses to Atlanta. Me and Majesty have everything planned out. We just have to get a good job, like in a factory or something. We are going to get out of here soon. I swear on my life."

"Promise?"

"Yes girl!"
He said with a laugh, shaking his head at the pout on her face.

"Pinky promise?"

"Fuck all that."

He smiled at her and  kissed her temple. Getting up off of the bed to go turn on his x box 360 and to grab his controllers. He popped GTA Four in since GTA Five isnt all that .

"Here."
He handed her a controller and sat back down on his comfortable bed.

            ○○○○ ○○○○ ○○○○ ○○○○ ○○○○             

Princeton sat in at his desk, sorting through paperwork of certain connects that wanted to fuck with him and his brand.

He was a troubled young man with many problems. He had been through many things within his life to have him thinking in a self hating manner.

He didn't like black girls, wouldn't date a black girl. He talked down to black girls like they were nothing. Yet  his mother and grandmothers where black and he worshipped the ground they walked on.

Knock ! Knock !

His homebody Hakeem walked thought the double doors of his office.

"Nigga what?"

Princeton asked, he hated when people got into his personal space.

"I'm bout to bounce if that's ok with you..."

"Yeah, that's cool. I'm getting ready to leave too. You clean up your station?"

Princeton asked before standing up to tuck his strap in the back of his jogging pants.He pulled his shirt over his gun and placed his phone and wallet in his pocket.

"Yeah I did, you want Marco to lock up?"

"Yeah that's cool, you gonna tell him for me?"

"You know I'm on it bro."
Hakeem walked over to dap Princeton up.

"Ight man, I'm out."
Princeton held up the peace sign and headed to his car, his baby.

He hopped into his all White 2018 Catilac, he cranked her up and nade his way away from the trap house on his way home.

Taking the long way he rolled through his old hood. He turned his nose up as he looked at the children with snotty noses play in the near by broken down parkground and females walk around in tight, skimpy clothes.

The dope boys stood on their corners staring at his car, trying to see who was inside. His eye stopped on a dark skinned girl with thick curly hair up in a big puff, sitting on the stoops with a brown skinned boy that looked to be around his age. He sat between her thick thighs getting his curly hair neatly cornrowed.

He rolled down his window to hear their conversation. He saw the boy pop her thigh, making it jiggle.
"You pulling too tight little girl."

He said making the girl smile. showing her pearly white teeth along with her black braces.

Why black? What a weird color.
He thought to himself.

"Dawn! don't hit me no more!"

She yelled, making a little light skinned dread headed boy walk through their screen door.

"Aphrodite, he's leaving later on. Around 12 I think, y'all go pack y'alls bags. I got the bus tickets."

"What you say Majesty? You talking too fast."

"I heard him on the phone talking to Jeff. He leaving at 12 I think and he won't be back till the morning. But the thing is-- Tyrone is coming to "watch" Aphrodite."

"So that means we have to leave earlier than 12:30, since he is leaving at 12 and you know Tyrone's car is a lemon. He probably won't get here untill 3 something in the morning."

Dawn said flinching as Aphrodite braided a pattern of cornrows in his head.

"Its now six, so at around eight, y'all can pack your bags. The bus leaves at 1:30 and we still have to get the car to get to the bus station from my home boy's house. So we have to leave at 12:15 nothing can stop us."

Majesty said as Princeton drove off  from their block. But he still had one thought in his mind;

Why do they need to leave ?