Chapter Eighteen: Mine Forever

Princeton shook Aphrodite hard as he tried to wake her from her slumber

Princeton shook Aphrodite hard as he tried to wake her from her slumber. "Girl you betta wake the fuck up." He mumbled under his breath. "Mhmm" She moaned out trying to get him to leave her alone- but he wasn't letting up. 

"Aye baby girl. Look I gotta go out and handle some business for a quick minute. But its two more days here so you have fun- not too much though." He said while leaning to place a kiss on her cheek. "Oh and I'll leave a lil' sum' for you in here and call an uber if you need one. Just let me know where you are- Ion' need your brothers and them to kill me."

She smiled a little, accepting the kiss and drifting back to sleep. She wanted at least two more hours of sleep. No- she need it. c
"I'm heading out now!" She could hear him yell from the front door. And then from there she went back to sleep. 

Once out of the house Princeton cranked up his rental and went on his way.He had one more meeting and he had to make s couple more drops in Inglewood. Then he would be ok the way to Crenshaw,to Compton. And he would end back in LA. He was hoping this would go down nicely since he wasn't in the mood to lay anymore niggas down. 

He rode down the street, blasting just some music to vibe to while he drove around to neighborhoods of California. "Shit I missed my turn."He huffed. Turning back around he cruised up the street and then turned on his correct street. 

●●●●●●

After his first meeting and drop, he already wants to be back at their AirBNB with his peace- Aphrodite. He swore she kept him calm, even with her lil attitude. She made sure he was in check and put him in check if he wasn't. His bias still came back slap him sometimes but Aphrodite once bout' slapped him for disrespecting a black woman in front of her. That's when he learned one of his lessons. 

"Wassup Prince!"
One if his partners- Rodrick dapped him up. 

"What's good my man?"
He cracked a smiled stepping all the way out of the car, stretching out his 6'5 build. 

"You here to pick up some supply?"
Princeton nodded, letting him know that indeed he was. 

At first Princeton saw that look in his eyes, but he paid it no mind. He wasn't one to think the worst- but if he just had to put a nigga down today, it would be for trying to take his own life. He wasn't about to play with that, he needed to live. 

"The money first then."
Rodrick said. Princeton clicked his tongue in 
his mouth. Strike 1.

"Nah man. You know how this goes down; supply  first, money second, then we both check and see if everything straight. And you know this man." 

It was obvious the man was starting to get irritated with him. But be didn't give a fuck, he needed his supply. 

"Give me the money nigga."
Rodrick demanded. 

"First of all, you don't run this shit. You know how we need doing this first the past 3 years. Follow that shit."
His eyebrows furrowed in pure anger because now Princeton was upset. 

A gun was drawn, then another. All hell broke loose. One went off. 

POW.  POW.
Princeton felt everything froze. The bullet had struck him in his side. It was nothing major, just a graze. But he soon realized that he was also struck in the right bicep. Blood was pouring out, but not at a fast rate. He had time to make it to Aphrodite. He knew he couldn't go to a hospital with pigs everywhere. Princeton wasn't that stupid. He looked around and his money and the product was gone and so was Rodrick. 

"Stupid ass nigga, Imma' make sure I get you."
He hissed limping to the his car. 

In the car he called Aphrodite and on the friar ring she answered. 
"Hello?" He heard the water in the background running.

"I'm bout to be on the way home, imma need you to do something for me." She was alerted by the way he was talking and breathing.

"Wait- what's wrong?"
He sighed and blew out a shaky breath.

"Look, I got shot- twice. Can you remove the bullets and patch me up?" There was a pause.

"Hurry up I'll be by the door."
She said, he could hear the tone of her voice change to uneasy. 

"Aphro, I promise imma be good. I just need you to help me and to let me sleep this off for the next two days. Then I'll be back good."
He heard her sniffling, she was definitely crying. 

"Aww- baby why you crying?"

"I'm scared."
She whined.

"Why? I'm sure you did the same for Dawn ok night."
She nodded agreeing. 

"I just don't want to lose anyone else to a bullet , it was scary enough almost losing Cee."
She heard his car pull up.

She quickly hung up and opened the door. She gasped. His shirt was covered in blood. 

He walked to the door and leaned on her for support. "Come on." She lead into the bathroom and sat him on the counter. She then hurried to the kitchen to grab a trash bag. 

"It's gonna hurt boo. I'm sorry."
He nodded, he knew the feeling all too well.

She removed his shirt and put it in the trash bag. Then she sterilized the tweezers and the surgical scissors with alcohol. She cleaned around the wounds with peroxide and a cotton ball. He winced in pain as she did so. 

"Ok are you ready?"
He nodded, ready to get it over with. She dug into to wound with her tweezers and twisted then pulled. It finally came out in one piece. 

Now on to the one in his bicep. It couldn't be that deep, since it was just muscle he has built up. "Ok now this one is going to hurt worse."

He unbuckled his belt and folded it, he bit down on it. She sterilized her tweezers once more and went back to work. Princeton shed a couple tears and squinted hard- trying to fight through the pain. 

"Ok I got it." 
He sighed in relief and opened his eyes. She began stitching and she was done in the matter of 10 minutes. 

"Now let's get you washing up and into bed."
He admired her nurturing side and stayed quiet as she got him full up dressed and made him side on the toilet. She ran him a bird bath in the sink and washed him down avoid the wounds, and of course something else. 

"If you wanna look baby, it doesn't bite."
Even in pain, he still found a way to irk her nerves. 

"Hush."
She finished washing him up- she got him dressed, wrapped  his wounds and put him in bed.

"Can you get in with me?"
He craved for her touch, to be near her. 

"Yeah, I'm coming. Let me clean up first."
She walked into the bathroom and cleaned up. 

Walking back into the room she braided her hair down into two sloppy French braids and tried a satin scarf on her head. She climbed in bed. 

"Ion' wanna' hurt you."

"Nah you good."
She nodded and wrapped an arm around his torso and kicked a leg up on his. Her music was still playing in the background. 

"You know I love you right?"
He asked out of nowhere. 

"You got to love me."
She said back. 

"Nah I'm serious as hell. I love you foreal girl. And you been mine since that day I saw you on the stoops of New Jersey."
She hummed in response.

"I love you too, I had a love for you since we first started talking and you kissed my wrists."

"Aye so is any of this niggas wanna try it, just let them know Princeton got you on lock. You mine."
She nodded. 

"Now don't forget it's the same for all these little Becky's you be fucking with."

"I got you. I got you forever."

S.C
💙