Chapter Thirteen : Unreadable

A week later

As last week went by, Princeton returned to New Jersey. They talked every day, almost all day.

This whole friendship thing was new to Princeton, he never really opened up to people, especially females. But Aphrodite, Aphrodite had his talking to her about his deepest darkest fears and secrets. Things he had never told anyone else, not even his family.

She had him wrapped around her finger and she didn't even notice it. Anything she wanted or needed, he gave it to her. She never had to ask, he was there ready to talk, ready to chill, ready to just be right there for her. She was that person he needed in his corner. Whenever he need to talk she was there, when he was feeling down or stressing, she was there with encouraging words and her innocence welcoming spirit. She spoiled him just as much as he spoiled her.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Walking through the sea of people, Aphrodite working the floor for tonight. She was making nice tips, retrieving a bottle of Hennessy from the back cooler she was careful not to trip over her own feet. She could feel the heat of all of the sweaty bodies of the night.

She walked to the VIP section reserved for whomever was there. Making over, she flashed a nice smile and sat the bottle among with the shot glasses on the small black table that was placed in front of the couches.

"Thanks."
A scruffy voice spoke in a muffeled tone, his dark chocolate skin caught her eye was the bright lights reflected off of it perfectly. His silver nose ring glimmered, his slight smile in his tone had her wondering what his story was. She couldn't read him, which was weird she could usually read peope easily.

"You're welcome--"
She trailed waiting for a name, he chuckled at her raised eyebrow.

"Lee."
He stated simply.

"You're welcome, Lee--"
She smiled flashing her braces, now able to finish her thought.

"Hollar if you need something."
She spoke and Lee watched her glossed lips move and her tongue connect with the roof of her mouth fluidly.

"Aye, well let a nigga catch your name then."
He smirked, allowed a shallow dimple to appear.

"Aphrodite."

"Aphro it is."
She laughed her annoying laugh, she then realized she had taken too much time talking to him and she had money to make.

"Just remember what I said."
He nodded watching her walk away, his graze followed her body as it moved on to next group of people whom was patiently waiting to be served.

The way her hips moved in her tight fitted orange dress, had his mind racing. Her beautiful smile, her head full of curly hair was free in a curly bob made him want to bite his lip. He wondered what her story was.

Lee wasn't your average street pharmacist. He was smarter, faster, he had so much more he needed to get done with made him crave the fast route. But he knew if he didn't get out soon he was done for. He was smarter than that, he didn't want to slag drugs his whole life, he didn't fuck random girls every night and then kick them out the next morning. He just wanted to stack him money so he could build his empire, the legal way of course.

He was the type to roll by himself, a big group of "homeboys" would only get you set up. He had learned that the hard way.

When he was the naive kid that ran the streets of ATL with his so called friends wanting to get into something, just to make a bit of fast cash. They soon got into hitting licks around the hills. One night they ran into the wrong house, or so he thought and it was a set up. His friends thought he was holding them back, so they wanted him gone. They needed him gone.

As soon as they walking in, Lee in the front of course. They had already given him a jammed gun just make sure there was no way for him to defend himself. Shoots were flying, but Lee was fast, he dodged and rolled his way out. All of his so called friends ended up dead, killed in their own plot to kill him.

After that he stayed off the streets for a good little minute and that he meant three months. Even after three months the block was still hot, word spread like wild fire. Everyone knew he was the one that was meant to be set up, and killed. Everyone knew he was the only one to get out alive, they all wondered how but no one questioned him. He knew it was by the grace of God.

He liked his privacy and silence. His moves go unnoticed, and smoothly. Moving under the radar was his way to go, with only two connects that meant no need for extra drama. He sold it and split it. He was making enough to feed the whole ATL, just in one month. He was set for life but he wanted more, he wanted to be able to give back and enough to had his great, great, great grandkids set for life.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○

After Aphrodite had finished her rounds of the hour, it was 12:00 and she had 3 more hours to go. She headed back towards Lee, something about him made her want the befriend him. But she wasn't about to hop up and be like "lemme be your friend." She just liked making conversation. She had learned that everyone didn't value friendship like she did, not everyone was done for her like she was for them.

She walked over to Lee's section and he had a couple of men over near him, they seemed to be having a good time but their cups were empty. That something Lily was strict on. "No guest should have an empty glass, or have to ask for more to drink."

She walked with a little more swing in her hips, the clicks of her heels made their heads snap towards her.

"Hi boys, is there something I could get you?"
She asked with a questioning pout on her face.

Everyone answered her except Lee, he just watched her write down their answers. He was focused on her for some reason.

She then switched her attention over to Lee. His unreadable expression made her shaky for a quick second, but she soon shook it off.

"Why didn't you hollar Lee?"
She let out a little laugh making Lee crack a smile.

"You seemed busy,"
He shrugged.

"Mhm, and what would you like Mr.Lee?"
The way his name rolled off of her tongue in the sarcastic manner, allowed him to infer she was had a goofy personality.

It was something he could use, seeming he was almost always serious.

"Nothing, Aphro but I could use your number."
She cocked her eyebrow at his boldness and she shook her head and smiled.

She stuffed her notepad in her apron, and crossed her arms.

"And why would I do that?"
She gave him that same unreadable expression.

"Because I'm trying to read you, just like you're trying to read me. And how am I going to do that without the key to unlock your diary?"
That made her nod.

She walked away with answering to go prepare the drinks and soon returned.
She sat the drinks on the table and went to sit beside Lee.

She turned his face to the side to whisper in his ear.

"I hope you have a good memory."
Her laugh came out cold and icy, like her breath.

" 678- 587-7138"
She spoke slowly in his ear, allowing his to memorize her number.

He licked his lips as she removed her hand from his face. His big hands gently grabbed her face turning to whisper in her ear.

"Thanks A."

S.C💛