vii. WHAT THIS GIRL DOES

CHAPTER SEVENWHAT THIS GIRL DOES

CHAPTER SEVEN
WHAT THIS GIRL DOES

▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴

"So let me get this straight," I said to Stiles as we walked into his bedroom. "Allison's dad is the guy who shot Scott with a crossbow?"

  Stiles nodded. "I know. I couldn't believe it either."

  I sighed, dumping my bag on his floor. I flopped down on his bed. "Why do I feel like nothing will be normal anymore?"

  "Oh, yeah. Just go lie down on my bed without permission," he said sarcastically.

  I smirked. "I've been coming over your house since we were three. Manners are no longer necessary."

  He simply rolled his eyes, sitting in his desk chair. "Okay, so our best friend's a werewolf, and his girlfriend's dad is a hunter. What's the worst that can happen?" he joked.

  "Besides Mr. Argent turning Scott's ass into a fur coat?" I asked sarcastically. "And you forgot the part where Mr. Creepy Woods guy is pretty much stalking us."

  "Derek?" Stiles asked, raising an eyebrow.

  I nodded. "He was at lacrosse practice. I saw him when we were getting Scotty off the field."

  Stiles' eyes widened. "What? Are you sure it was him?"

  "How many other guys do you know who wear all black and have that whole hot yet creepy feel to them?" I questioned, sitting up.

  He ignored the hot comment. "And you decide to tell me this now?"

  "I figured Scott was still pissed about having to drop first line, and you were still coming down from the whole 'my best friend tried to kill me' rush. And besides, what's the big deal?"

  "Aside from the fact that he's practically stalking us now? We don't know what he wants!" Stiles told me.

  "He said that Scott needs to learn how to control his anger. That only he could help him," I said, repeating Derek's words from the night of the party.

  "When did he say that?" Stiles questioned, furrowing his brow.

  "When he drove me home, because a certain somebody ditched me," I said.

  He sighed. "We're still not past this? I gave you flowers. Then I drove you home after school to put them in a vase or whatever. And now you're lying in my bed!" he whined.

  I laughed. "You could join me, if you want?"

  Stiles eyes widened. Mine did as well, when I realized how much that sounded like I was hitting on him. Or something like that.

  I could see him gulp, Adam's apple bobbing rapidly. His cheeks were a light pink color. Why was he acting all fidgety? I should be the one acting all embarrassed.