xx. RAMBLING LIKE AN IDIOT

CHAPTER TWENTYRAMBLING LIKE AN IDIOT

CHAPTER TWENTY
RAMBLING LIKE AN IDIOT

Time seemed to stand still in this moment.

My lips were going to be swollen and sore, but that didn't matter. All I knew was that this was real. This was happening now and I wasn't going to wake up and be left with some horrible memory.

I was kissing Stiles. And he liked me back.

As our lips kept working together slowly and passionately, his words from no less than ten minutes ago rang through my head.

I like you, okay?

It was like a dream come true.

I've liked you since the second freaking grade!

That's what shocked me the most. All these years, and I never noticed once. Not once. Looking at it now, it all sort of made sense. The blushing, the compliments...everything pointed to the fact that he liked me. And I was too blind to see the signs, even when Allison was clearly pointing them out.

I've been waiting for the chance to kiss you since we were eight.

Since we were eight. Eight. We were sixteen now. That's a whole eight years gone by that he's been waiting for this. Half of his life has been spent wishing for something I had only wanted for a few weeks. How had I never noticed him? That he liked me? That I liked him? It was like I was seeing through a completely different lens, like before the world was a different place. A place where I didn't like Stiles and thought that all the blushing and compliments was just Stiles being...Stiles.

His grip tightened on my waist and he pulled back. He sucked in a breath of air and then exhaled. I was doing the same thing. I hadn't noticed that I was losing oxygen or had to keep breathing. This moment right here was making everything seem secondary. That nothing was more important than being with him.

"Hi," he said, glancing down nervously.

I wrapped my arms tighter around his neck, bringing my face up towards his. "Hi."

"Hey," he responded awkwardly. I laughed.

Brown eyes met hazel. His eyes were lit up with excitement and relief. And just overall joy. He got what he wanted. I'm just surprised it was me.

What did he find so special about me that he waited eight years. If any other guy had to wait that long, they'd have given up a long time ago.

I wasn't anything special, just Carson. What made him like me so damn much?

He opened his mouth, probably just another greeting. But he was cut off by a phone ringing. He threw back his head with an annoyed groan. He released his grip on me and fished his phone out of his pocket.