xxviii. CONNECTING THE DOTS

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHTCONNECTING THE DOTS

CONNECTING THE DOTS

Stiles and I finally made it to the hospital. Seeing as his keys were a no-go, we had to walk all the way here, his jeep staying back in the parking lot. We were impatiently waiting to get out of the elevator. We had to find Lydia, make sure she was okay. We also had to find Scott, but we had to go in some type of order.

The elevator door began opening and Stiles pushed it as if that would make it open faster.

We began walking across the hall when someone stepped in front of us. Mr. Stilinski was glaring at his son.

"You know, it's a good thing we're in a hospital because I'm going to kill you," he whisper shouted.

Stiles gulped, trying to form an explanation. "I'm sorry. I lost the keys to my jeep; I had to run all the way here."

"Stiles!" the sheriff yelled, clearly not caring. "I don't care!"

I bit my lip, before looking at something behind him. In a small room, was Lydia. Her mother was by her bedside, a worried expression carved into her features. It seemed like Lydia was hooked up to at least five different machines. My heart almost dropped at the sight. My best friend could be dying. All because I didn't get to her fast enough. I gulped, tears filling my eyes.

I cut Mr. Stilinski off. "Is she going to be okay?"

My boyfriend's father looked at me, expression softening at the sight of my un-spilled tears. He sighed, running a hand over his face. "They don't know. Partially because they don't know what happened. She lost a lot of blood but there's something else going on with her."

I blinked, trying to force the tears back. "L-Like what?"

"Doctor says it's like she's having an allergic reaction. She keeps going in and out of shock. Did either of you see anything? Do you have any idea who or what attacked her?"

Stiles faltered, swallowing visibly. "No. I have no idea."

I nodded my head as if to agree.

"What about Scott?" he probed.

"W-what do you mean? What about Scott?"

"Did he see anything?" Mr. Stilinski sighed.

My eyes widened. "What are you talking about? He's not here?"

"What? I've tried calling him on my cellphone. I've gotten no response," Mr. Stilinski practically shouted in frustration.

I looked up back at Lydia's room to see another familiar face. Jackson was staring right back at me, outside the room. He definitely overheard the conversation and I was practically begging him with my eyes that he knew where Scott was.