EPILOGUE

EPILOGUETHE BEGINNING

EPILOGUE
THE BEGINNING

▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴

"This is a bad idea," I murmured as Stiles, Scott and I tried to get through the hallways of the hospital without being questioned.

  "You say that about all my ideas," Stiles muttered back, finger interlaced with mine.

  Scott snorted. "That's because they're all bad ideas."

  Stiles stopped walking, looking Scott straight in the eyes. 'Do you want to know what's going on with her or not?"

  The her he was referring to was none other than Lydia Martin. She was still in a comatose state. They had moved her from the ICU a few days ago, deeming that she was stable enough to stay in another room as long as she was hooked up to at least two machines.

  The good thing about not being on the ICU floor was that no one really asked what you were doing. The nurses on duty only figured you were visiting and half the doctors here were too up themselves to care.

  "Do you want to find out what's going on with her or not?" Stiles asked.

  Scott sighed, before waving his hand in front of him. "Lead the way."

  Stiles nodded with a satisfied smirk, once again leading us towards Lydia's room. When we finally approached the door, it was only open a crack. Stiles ushered me forward to peek in. If one of her parents was here, or God forbid a nurse, it would be easier to say I was visiting than two random boys.

  The room was clear, only Lydia. But she was still in a coma. I nodded, crouching slightly and slipping in.  Scott followed behind me and then Stiles who was in charge of shutting the door.

  He slid backwards to the door putting on hand on the side.

  We were all on the floor, hoping the door would just close with a silent click. And then, in moments like these, you realize you probably shouldn't have left Stiles in charge of jobs like this.

  As he began slowly closing the door, it let out a loud creak noise. He cringed and stopped. I let out a small sigh, looking up at the ceiling. As Stiles pushed it farther and farther, the sound only seemed to get louder. It was like something out of a horror film. Scot groaned silently, practically begging Stiles to hurry up.

  The door finally clicked close and Stiles fumbled to lock it before falling down on his ass. Scott and I shot him a glare.

  "What?" he whispered.

  I shook my head, getting to my feet. I walked hesitantly over to Lydia. "Are we really doing this?"

  "Do you want to know what the hell is going on?" Stiles repeated.

  I sighed while Scott asked, "Who's doing it?"

  And by it, he meant pulling up Lydia's gown and bandage. Both boys looked at me.

  "Why are you both looking at—oh my God, you're a bunch of babies," I muttered, pulling back the sheet. I lifted the gown far enough to get to the bandage and slowly began peeling it back. As it pulled up, I caught a glimpse of what was under it. "What the...?"

  Stiles and Scott edged their ways forward in curiosity. Both let out similar remarks to mine.

   "It's not completely healed?" Stiles questioned.

  Marked on Lydia's stomach-abdomen region was the same bite Peter had inflicted on her less than three days ago.

  "Not even close," I murmured. "I don't get it. Doctor said she'd be fine."

  "But the bites not healing like it did with mine," Scott insisted. "Which means she's not a werewolf..."

  Stiles gave him a quizzical look. "But Peter said either the bite turns you or kills you. And if she's not dying and she's not a werewolf..."

  "Then what the hell is she?" I finished, looking down at my best friend.

  As the three of us looked at each other, there wasn't a definitive answer.

  All we could do was wait.

▴ ▿ ▴

  Later that night, I was lying next to Stiles in his bed. He had his arms wrapped tightly around me and my head was in the crook of his neck.

  His father wouldn't be home for quite some time, considering he was finally able to close the Hale house fire case. The Argents had planted the necklace back on Kate before the cops found her body, directly linking her to the murders. Kate Argent might be dead, but she was finally taking the fall for her actions.

  My father, of course, wasn't home so I had no reason to be there.

  "I still can't believe we made it out alive," I sighed, snuggling closer into Stiles.

  I could feel him smile against my hair as he dropped a kiss on the top of my head. "I still can't believe you're mine."

  I smiled softly, opting not to tease him for the cheesy words. It was good to have a moment like this now. I didn't know if we were going to be lucky enough to have one ever again.

  "I love you," I mumbled, kissing the hollow of his throat.

  He chuckled, saying, "I love you too Carson."

  We were silent for a moment, just soaking in this blissful moment. I was finally right where I belonged. I was happy, I was in love. I felt invincible, like nothing could hurt me.

  "Do you think everything's going to go back to normal?" Stiles asked.

  I shook my head with a small laugh. "I don't think we were meant for normal, Stiles."

  He sat up, bringing me with him. He looked me dead in the eyes, a sense of seriousness washing over us. "I'm being serious. Besides Scott being a werewolf and Lydia being a...whatever the hell she is, do you think all the problems will die down? No more life threatening monster?"

  I stared back at him, a grim expression covering my face.

  "I think it's only just begun."

▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴ ▿ ▴

So basically, I want to take a moment to acknowledge the fact that this is the first time that I have ever written AND finished a story. I know it's not necessarily my own, but Carson is. And there is so much of me in her that makes me some type of way.

I literally to this day cannot believe that I actually finished a story. All 86, 592 words sit here on this website. Even though the original version got deleted and all my votes/reads/comments are gone, I'm still happy. Because this is my way of proving everyone wrong. I am capable of doing something like this. Hell, this even won a damn Watty when it was still on occlumency. So, screw you eighth grade counselor who told me that I was crazy to think people would actually read my stuff.

It's been a giant emotional ride for me as a writer. I want to thank everyone of you who kept with Carson's story to the end of this and those who ventured off to the sequel with me. And those who will continue to stay with me as her story progresses.

THE SEQUELS ARE POSTED!!

HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO (SEASON TWO | COMPLETED)
BLEEDING OUT (SEASON THREE | IN PROGRESS)