x. NOT SO INNOCENT

CHAPTER TENNOT SO INNOCENT

CHAPTER TEN
NOT SO INNOCENT

"So you killed her?" Stiles asked Scott as we walked through the door.

Scott had just finished relaying his entire nightmare to us. Basically, he had been on a bus making out with Allison (typical guy dream). And then he said he had started wolfing out. His bloodlust rose and he killed the pale girl. It was an entire ordeal.

"I don't know," Scott shrugged. "I just woke up. I was sweating like crazy and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"Really? I have," Stiles said. "Usually ends a little differently."

I rolled my eyes. We continued walking down the hall. I had my arm hooked with Stiles, which wasn't unusual for us. In my other hand, I held a coffee. As I was sipping casually, Scott answered.

"Okay, A, I meant I never had a dream that felt that real before," Scott told him.

"And B, never give us that much detail about you in bed, like ever again," I finished for him, scrunching my nose up in disgust. "I'd rather not hear about your wild fantasies."

"Well, more than half of them involve y—" Scott began. Before he could finish, Stiles smacked him upside the head with a small 'shut up'.

Scott was smirking as Stiles was mumbling incoherently and blushing. I raised an eyebrow at my two best friends. Then, I decided against asking. Probably best not to wonder about what ran through their heads. I decided to get back to the bigger issue at hand.

"Okay, back to your nightmare, maybe—"

"I know, you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow. That I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

"No, of course not," Stiles told him, unconvincingly.

Scott shot him a look of disbelief.

"Yeah, that's totally it," I answered for him. Scott frowned.

"Hey, come on. It's gonna be fine, alright? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty fricken' amazingly. It's not like there's a lycanthropy class for beginners you can take," Stiles told him.

"Yeah, not a class," Scott agreed. "But maybe a teacher."

"Who? Derek?" I exclaimed. Letting go of Stiles's arm, I reached around him and smacked Scott upside the head. "Are you forgetting the part where we tossed his ass in a cell?"

"Yeah, I know! But...chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus...it felt so real."

"How real?" Stiles questioned.