01

I step out of a random shop I stumbled across from when I was fetching graduation gifts for my friends back in Mystic Falls. I close the shop's door and look up at the shinning moon.

It's night time and I was shopping here alone. Two things, it's probably a bad idea to be wondering on the streets alone when I now know that Marcel has night-walker vampires roaming around the city. And the fact that Klaus has no idea I left the plantation.

I figured it was a good idea to go now since Klaus is busy with Marcel and creating an evil plan behind his back, so I thought, why not?

As a huntress, I did come prepared incase any vampires attack at me but so far it's been clean and I'm hoping it stays that way. As though I thought...

Walking on the empty sidewalk, I begin to make a turn, not exactly knowing where to go. I stop to pull out my phone for some directions. I'm beginning to get tired and I needed to get back to the plantation before Klaus realizes I'm gone.

Just as I thought, there was no service. I put my phone back in my purse and start to walk anywhere but here. At least anywhere where there's service. Since Klaus was in and out all the time, we barely get to spend any time together and it honestly hurt. I know it's not his fault, but it feels so different now.

Back in Mystic Falls, Klaus was either always his house or at the grill. It was always easy to spot him. Now, I don't even know what street I'm on and he's too busy trying to fight over the city he lost.

I felt someone watching my presence from behind. "It's brave for a girl like you to walk out on the streets alone."

I stop dead at my tracks, recognizing that voice. Marcel. I pretend I didn't hear him and continue to walk forward, hoping he'd leave me alone. I was wrong.

He uses his inhuman speed and flashes right in front of me. As pretending to be a local, I act surprised. "How did you–"

His face turns into confusion. "Have we met before?" he asks and I shake my head. I hope he didn't see me at the time he had his courtyard party.

He continues to examine my face and I sneakily put my hand into my purse to pull out a syringe of vervain. Planning to inject him with it, he catches me.

His hand quickly grabs mine, ripping the syringe out of it. "Vervain? So, I'm guessing you know about vampires."

"And I'm guessing you know about hunters?" I ask, trying to remain calm. "You're a hunter? What's a hunter doing in a city full of vampires? I gotta say, it's not the smartest idea coming here."

"It's not? Move out of my way and we won't have a problem." I retort, stepping out of the way but he moved in front of me again. "Now, now. I can't have hunter in my city, threatening my vampires."

"I'm not going to threaten any of your vampires, but I'll make it at the top of my to-do list if you don't let me go."

Before I could walk away into the dark city of cuisine, I felt a hand take my wrist. "Sorry, can't let you leave."

I hear him whistle and a group of vampire start to crowd over me. "You are a threat to my vampires. Can't have you roaming around the city while you carrying a stake on you, now can I?"

"If you're threatened by a little stick from a branch, you really aren't the big bad vampire of New Orleans." I respond back, getting quite agitated. There's no absolute reason to bring a few vampires here. I didn't come here to pursue some hunting career.

"You're having an attitude towards me? I should just kill you right here and end this, but there's one person who even my own vampires fear..."

"And obviously that person is me."