07

I open my eyes with a groan escaping my lips. Looking around my surroundings, I notice I'm in a trunk of a car with a passed out Hayley by my side. The bumpiness of the road wasn't helping my upcoming headache.

I shove Hayley, hoping it'll wake her up and it does. Her eyes travel around the trunk and soon meets my eyes. "Are you okay?" I mouth to her and she nods, moving her feet to the back window.

Before I could stop her, her feet smashed the window which causes the car to come to a halt. "Nice plan you had there." I roll my eyes and the trunk opens, revealing Tyler. Memories from last night of me opening the front door and seeing him comes back to my mind. Why would he want to kidnap us?

"Seriously?" he sarcastically asks. "Tyler? What are you do—" I couldn't even finish my sentence when he zip ties Hayley's feet together. She immediately tries to fight him, but he grabs her. "You don't wanna fight me, Hayley. You know you can't beat a hybrid."

"Ahh! Let me go, you backstabbing half-breed piece of shi—" Hayley retorts and Tyler pulls her out of the trunk and throws her over his shoulder. "Shut up!"

His hand grabs my arm tightly as he drags me to walk by his side. I hiss in pain and perhaps a bruise will form in the future. "What are you doing, Tyler? Aren't you supposed to be with Caroline?"

"Am I supposed to be with Caroline? Do you not remember your psychotic boyfriend kicked me out of Mystic Falls? Or his charm still clouds your judgement?"

I decided to stay silent on that and let him take us to wherever. I knew if I tried to run, he'd use his vampire speed before I could even walk ten feet away, so there was no point in that.

That didn't stop me from trying to find a way to escape him or somehow find some contact to Klaus. I didn't have my phone because I left it upstairs, when I told Klaus I'd call him back. He's probably out of his mind right now.

The sun shines down on us after we walk for awhile. I spot a shack and Tyler pushes us down on the front steps. I look around my surroundings, there's a lake to my right with a dock. In front of me, there's just trees, but worn out clothes, shoes, garbage we're basically covering the property.

Hayley must've done the same exact thing because she asked the question I was going to ask. "What is this place?"

"The armpit of Louisiana." he answers, not getting the complete answer I wanted but I didn't fight him on it. Tyler pulls a knife out of his pocket and aims it towards Hayley. "What are you gonna do with that?"

"Depends on you." Tyler uses the knife and cuts the zip tie on her ankles. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Hey, you attacked me, remember? You ambushed me, in my own backyard." Hayley retorts and Tyler immediately snaps his head towards her. "It's not your backyard, it's Klaus'! You're shacked up in that mansion with that psycho. A long way from the girl I've met in the Appalachians, helping other werewolves."

"Tyler, I'm sorry, but a lot has happened since the last time I saw you." Hayley says and Tyler nods. "You mean that you're pregnant? A hybrid baby, yeah, I know all about it."

Tyler looks at me, crouching down to eye level. "Are you even sure it's yours? I mean, you honestly believe some witches from New Orleans took Hayley out of everyone and put the baby in her?"