22

••••••

••••••

A gasp escapes my lips as I open my bathroom door to it being occupied by a werewolf stranger about to step into my shower. I drop my towels in frustration and rush out of my bedroom and down the stairs to greet the woman behind all of this in the courtyard.

"I was fine with the werewolves staying here but not when they're about to leave the smell of wet dog in my shower." I tell Hayley, crossing my arms at her.

She turns around after having a talk with a few of them and gives me a look. "Remind me not to piss you off in the morning."

"Hayley." I warn.

"All the bathrooms were taken so I told Shelby she could use your bathroom." Hayley tells me and starts walking away. I follow after her, "I'll let it slide for now but, my bedroom and bathroom are off limits after this, okay?"

"Fine, Maya." she says with a shrug. I take a deep breath in and out and mentally question her lack of attitude. I expected her to bark something back.

"Brother! Niklaus!"

Elijah steps into the courtyard in his usual suit and tie, his facial expression of determination. "You do realize that literally everyone in here, except Maya, has supernatural hearing, right?" Hayley tells him.

Elijah ignores her and goes back to his original question, "Where is my brother?"

"I'll check his calendar... Wait, no. I don't care where he is. Why don't you ask his wife?" Hayley sarcastically asks and points to me. Elijah looks at me with raised eyebrows, waiting for answer.

"He said something about finding Davina? He was on his way leaving when I woke up." I tell him and he nods, thanking me.

Elijah turns to Hayley and starts talking to her about how the city is under siege and her army of beast. I walked away before I could get caught up in another one of their arguments.

When I re-enter my bedroom, the werewolf girl was long gone in my bathroom and I was thankful for that. My phone blares on the nightstand and I pick it up, answering it with a hello as I sit on the edge of the bed.

"If I text you my location, will you save me from this horrendous predicament I put myself into?"

I laugh, "What happened, Klaus?" I ask and immediately find a jacket and slip on some pair of shoes.

"Well, I sufficiently planned on using Camille to find Davina's whereabouts and she seemed to have trapped me in her car whilst she sits at a parish bar."

"Okay," I reply and grab my purse and car keys before exiting the compound. We say a few words and end the conversation with our goodbyes.

§

I arrive at the Terrebonne Parish Bar a lot less quickly than I anticipated due to the fact that I'm still not familiar with the streets of New Orleans.