09

I take the last step down the stairs, immediately seeing two huge vampires standing in front of the front door. Their hands tucked behind their backs as their eyes stared straight forward.

"Who are you?" I ask them. One of them nods and beings to speak, "Klaus sent us here for your protection."

I roll my eyes and turn back around and into the kitchen. I should've known Klaus would send someone to watch me since he can't. I turn around after I hear footsteps behind me. "Does that mean you have to follow every step I take?" I question them, but they don't make a move and continue to trail after me.

The front door opens and I peek through the hallway, seeing Hayley walking into the foyer with two vampires behind her as well. She turns around, "I'm just grabbing some clothes. Give me two minutes, please?"

She spots me and rushes towards me. Her eyes travel behind me to see the vampires. "You have bodyguards too?"

"Yes." I reply and Hayley crosses her arms with a sigh. "I have information from the gynecologist so unless you want to hear every word the doctor said, I suggest you leave us alone for at least 10 minutes."

I raise my eyebrows at her sudden choice of words and I am impressed. My vampire bodyguards leave the room and I give her a look. "Why do I have a feeling the gynecologist didn't call."

She wraps her hand around my arm and pulls me into the study room. Before she shuts the doors, she looks both ways out the room and then the doors are closed. Her body faces me, "That's because they didn't. I need you to help me find something for Sophie."

"Since when were we taking orders from Sophie?" I ask her as she bends down and opens up a trunk that revealed a tun of journals and papers. "If I give her what she needs then she'll be doing me a favor."

"And what does she need?" I ask and bend down as well, picking up a journal. I find that all these written books are from Elijah. I look up at her, not liking where this is going.

"She wants me to find Elijah's old lover's bones." Hayley tells me and I shake my head. "Okay... and you're sneaking around here instead of asking Elijah because?"

"Just help me find the name Celeste in any of these journals. It can really kill time." Hayley pleads, ignoring my question. "Fine. But if Elijah finds out, don't include me in it."

"I won't."

I let out a deep sigh and skim through some of his journals to find the name Celeste.

"Are you ever going to move into the compound with Klaus and I? I mean, it's kind of boring without you." Hayley breaks the silence after awhile. My eyes move up and I shake my head, "Probably not for awhile. Sorry."

"I just... I just noticed a difference in Klaus when you're not around. He's just so moody all the time. I don't know what he did to you, but know that I'm sure it's eating him alive. And when you move in, and I know you will, just know that I wasn't asking for me... I was asking for Klaus. I guess you can say he needs you."

I had no idea how to respond to that. Of course I believed Klaus would somehow react to my absence. I mean, I'm not doing well without him either.

"Well anyways, the place is really lonely without you." Hayley says and a laugh escapes from my lips. "I'll come when the time is right."

I wasn't sure how long that'll take.

"I heard Davina moved in, though? Can't be that boring." I tell her and she shrugs, a guilty look appears on her face. "Yeah, I might've made her run away."

I furrow my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"I told her that the witch Elders were dead." she tells me and I shrug as I grab another journal from the trunk. "So? Didn't the witches try and kill her? Why would she care? I thought she would be glad."