14

"I guess this means no epidural, huh? You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital? The place with the doctors and the drugs?" I hear Hayley say from within the shack I'm about to enter in.

"Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you were born. Stop worrying." Another female voice speaks and I step in, crossing my arms. "There's no way my child is being born outside a swamp." I tell them.

Hayley rolls her eyes at me as she gets up from the floor. By the look of it, it seems like her and a blonde girl that I've sort of recognize, were preparing for Hayley's birth.

Elijah arrives at the doorway behind me, "Pardon the interruption. I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising."

Elijah, Hayley, Jackson, and Oliver crowd together outside the shack. I stand beside them, looking around the bayou, not listening to their conversation. It has something do to with the treaty so, there's no reason for me to get involved.

When I woke up this morning, Klaus had already left with no trace to where he was going. Elijah wanted to check up on Hayley to see how she was doing and I decided to join him, also wanting to know the health of her and my child. 

"We don't want a fight, Elijah. We just want a better life." I hear Hayley tell the eldest Mikaelson brother. "Allegiance with my brother will guarantee you anything but that." he tells her and then I realized that Elijah had found out about Klaus going behind his back and making a deal with the werewolves.

The sound of a motorcycle caused me to whip my head around and see who decided to make an appearance. Clearly it wasn't anyone from the bayou since Jackson starts running towards them. "What the hell?"

I follow closely behind Elijah who also decided to witness the scene. "Which one of you is in charge?" the man on the motorcycle asks, putting his bike on halt.

"Who's asking?" Jackson inquires and Elijah steps in, zooming to the biker and reflexively tackles him. I didn't even get to process what happens next when the force of air throws me backwards and down onto the ground.

I cough, bringing my hand to my head, trying to ease the throbbing pain. I look around my surroundings, spotting injured people everywhere. I slowly pick myself up and walk towards the explosion site. The motorcycle blew up and thankfully, Elijah prevented it from making it worse.

"Maya! Are you alright?" Elijah runs towards me and examines my face. I take a look at him. His clothes were ripped and his skin was exposed, all covered in ash. "I-I'm fine. Where's Hayley?"

The second my question flashes through his mind, he began searching for the young werewolf. I decided to help those in need. I quickly rush over to a woman who's laying down on the ground, blood pooling out of her leg.

"Hey, I'm here to help. Okay?" I tell her with a soft voice and she winces, nodding rapidly. I tear the tip of her flannel, wrapping it around her leg to make a tourniquet.

"Hey, Oliver! A little help here." Hayley says from behind me. I let out a sigh of relief at the sight of her. "Oh, thank God you're okay." I smile at her and she returns one and proceeds to help me pick up the injured woman. Oliver then takes her from our arms and brings her back inside.

"I need you to come with me," Hayley orders and grabs my hand while picking up a large branch and handing it to me. "What's this for?" I question as she leads us out of the bayou.

"If this was vampires, I'm pretty sure that I can guess who gave the order. We're gonna go find Marcel."

§