16

I stand in the study room, staring at Genevieve as she sits quietly at the table, examining pages of Esther's grimoire that contains the moonlight ring spell for the werewolves. Jackson and Oliver went to retrieve the rocks that were needed to make these rings, but that's all I know.

Klaus towers over the redhead, circling over her as she reads the papers. "Your mother's spell is as complicated as it is elegant. She was clearly a very gifted witch."

Klaus, rolling his eyes, snatches the page from her hand and points at it. "Is this the bit, here?"

Genevieve grabs it back from his fingertips and snaps at him, "Hey! Like I said, it's complicated. She bound protection magic to black kyanite stones. A werewolf with the stones is free from turning on a full moon."

"And what of the improvements?" Klaus eggs on and I listen on, wanting to know more about these rings. "This spell will enhance speed, strength, and agility." Genevieve answers.

She then lays down all the pages she was given, "Here. It should make a nice gift. I'm sure Hayley will be thrilled." Her voice sounded almost sounded jealous and it irked me. It was no news that she had a crush on Klaus back in the day, but now I'm here.

I move away from my spot and stand next to her, leaning my hands on the table and stare down at her. "It's not just for her, Genevieve. You are going to make many more. Let's say... about a hundred." I tell her, losing my patience just by her existence.

Genevieve looks back up at me, furrowing her eyebrows. "That's not the deal I made with Elijah." she frowns. I give her a nod, a small grin appearing on my face. "Well, Elijah isn't here. We are."

My eyes lock with Klaus' for a few moments and a smirk grows on his lips. I stand up straight as he walks across the room to stand next to me. "And if you corporate, you'll be granted more than what my brother has been giving you."

"Which is what?" Genevieve questions, flickering her eyes between the two of us.

"My mother's grimoire, from which I took these spells. You see, Elijah is offering you a mere peek at these pages, but I will grant it to you as a gift. If you pledge your loyalty to us, beginning with the creation of those rings."

$

So, we eventually find out that Jackson and Oliver were kidnapped by Marcel and his men. Klaus and Elijah went over there to investigate and save the two werewolves, and I haven't heard from them since.

Marcel clearly wants to put a dent on our plan. I'm assuming he believes the werewolves coming back is a threat to his vampires, but knowing Klaus, he wouldn't give up that easily.

And I wait here, babysitting Genevieve and Hayley, who's pacing around in the room repeatedly. Elijah and Jackson walk in, all disheveled with ash covering their ripped clothing.

Hayley gasps, running to the two men and pulls Jackson into a hug. "Thank god you're alive!"

"Where's Klaus?" I whisper to myself and Elijah points behind him where Klaus walks in. "Right here, love." he says and I smile, a feeling of relief over washes me.

I take a seat on the couch, across from Hayley, who's tending Jackson's wounds. My eyes follow Klaus' moves who walks to a table and pours himself a drink.

"Where are the stones?" I ask them, noticing their hands are empty. "Scattered across the bed of the Mississippi, I'd imagine." Elijah answers with a sigh.