11

"Thank you for meeting me here."

"Not sure where to go since another house I lived in got burnt to the ground." My voice echos with humor and Elijah gives me a sympathetic look.

We enter a room that I'm unfamiliar with. We're currently at the Mikaelson Compound and I knew Elijah sought my help for his brother, who I learned has the blade deep in his chest.

A small sigh escapes my lips as I look at Klaus laying on the bed, his eyes are closed and his mouth is twitching in pain. I make my way over to him, my fingers lightly trailing over his red scar that's bisecting his chest.

A frown appears on my face as I whip my head to Elijah, wondering what he's planning on doing next. I find him talking off his jacket and rolling up his sleeve, replacing his step to where I was not moments ago.

"I intend to take the blade out, so I suggest you move back."

I nod at his order, stepping backwards. He takes a scalpel from the nightstand and uses the red scar as a trace, pushing it deep into Klaus' skin. I wince slightly and Klaus groans softly, his eyes still glued shut. Elijah jams his fist into his open wound and pulls out the blade.

Klaus screams in agony. Elijah takes his handkerchief from his suit and wipes his hands with it. "You see, Niklaus will be weak as he recovers. So, watch over him and feed him, if you would. But slowly, please, and from your wrist. And perhaps persuade him not to kill Rebekah."

I take note of everything he's asking me to do. He turns to Klaus and bends down a little bit, "Niklaus, it was not my desire to bring you pain, but I will not see you hurt Rebekah."

Elijah straightens up and takes a step towards me as he throws on his jacket. "Now, I fear Sabine will be making a final move against us. I intend to find her and to end this."

"Elijah. You will pay for this." I hear Klaus' weak voice spit out. Elijah tilts his head slightly, although his back is turned from Klaus. "Please help him, Maya. You are the only one I trust doing this."

"Yeah, I'll convince him not to kill Rebekah." I nod at him and he throws me a small smile before rushing out of the room to do his witch business. The door shuts, which causes me to jump vaguely.

I join Klaus on the bed and sit next to him, my back pressed against the headboard. His body lays down on the soft mattress.

I wasn't sure how I was going to convince Klaus from stabbing a white oak stake through Rebekah's heart. He doesn't seem to be listening to me lately. I don't blame him, though. Our currently state is still on a rocky boat and I'm just waiting for the water to calm down. Although, he said he'd wait for me, so, technically he's waiting for me to take the first step.

I sigh in annoyance and bring my wrist to his lip, waiting for him to attach his fangs to it. When he doesn't, I wonder if he's unconscious or not.

"No."

"No?" I question him. His eyes open and stare into mine. "I will not feed from you." he tells me, his voice still weak. I roll my eyes and take back my wrists.

"Yes you will. I will not let you feed from the locals." I say and help him sit up. He weakened body sits up straight, his eyes never leaving mine. "I don't have to, love. There's blood bags downstairs."

"Just..." I trail on, brushing my hair out of the way to reveal my exposed neck. "I will not inflict pain on you." he declares, but his face tells another story. Klaus closes his eyes and veins appears from underneath them.

"You won't be causing me pain if it means helping you."

The room is silent and I wasn't sure if he was going to go through with this. He has never fed from me before, so I understand why he's hesitant.