Chapter 40

Enzo drops Erika in her house, before driving off to his own. He goes straight in search of his father as he knows he will be in the study at this time. As he enters the study he sees his parents in embrace reading a book.

Marisa smiles as she sees her son before kissing her mate on the cheek and leaving the room as she is well aware that they need some privacy for whatever talk they want to do.

Enzo rarely seeks for his father and at time like those she knows well that he needs to talk privately with his father. She caresses Enzo's cheek before leaving them alone.

Giovanni stands up before pouring both of them a drink and asking his son to join him. "So, what is it?" he asks Enzo.

Enzo takes a sip from the drink before looking at his father, "I went out with Erika" he states and Giovanni nods asking him to continue

"We went to a carnival and she was having fun running from one place to another like always. She got sick playing too much and then started crying not because she got sick and when I asked what happened she just kept changing the topic" he explains.

"May be she just felt bad that you had seen her in that state, you know how girls turn if they feel embarrass" Giovanni speaks as he focus on his drink.

Enzo watches his father for a while before sighing.

"Next time you try lying dad please, look me in my eyes may be then I'll believe!" Enzo states before gulping his drink down and leaving the room.

Giovanni sighs as he looks at the back of his son before speaking, "It's better if you let me handle the things Enzo"

Enzo stops and turns around to his father, "She is my mate and I got every right to know what is going on in her life"

"I know but it's all wrapped up so don't worry" Giovanni advices his son.

He doesn't want any of his sons to worry about things that he can handle himself after all he is their father and the Alpha.

Erika has always being a touchy matter to all of the Antonio's male. That girl somehow made a special place on all of their hearts that anyone had yet to reach.

After his mate Marissa if there is any other female in the house they will die for its Erika. He has watched that girl grow up along with his boys. He has been protective of her as his own. And, he won't let any harm come her way not especially after what had happened the last time he ignored things regarding her and he won't make the same mistake twice. He has learned his lesson for this incident as well his sons.

Giovanni once again looks at his son who wants some answers which he sure knows but he really don't know if he should share it with him or not?

But he doesn't have to wait for the decision to be made as his son asks him.

"If it's already wrapped up then why is my mate crying and hurting herself dad? Would you stop worrying if something happened to Ma and she doesn't tell you what is wrong?" he asks.

He knows that his father wants him not to get involved in this matter but how can't he not when it concerns his mate? He may have not been around enough for her but now that he is he wants full right on every thing regarding her and he won't lay back and watch while she hurts herself.

"She was five when it happened, they took her to a carnival she was in a Ferris wheel for 10 long hours scared, screaming and crying for them to stop. Till we found her she was passed out. She was in hospital for a week, too weak and dizzy"

Giovanni informs his son as this is what he got from the reports his beta gave him about Erika.

"Who were they?"