7- marks

"You're doing it again" Pansy hummed at her friend.
"Doing what?" Hermione asked, snapping her attention back to Pansy.

She twisted her hair in her fingers nervously and awaited for what her friend was going to say.

"Staring at Draco" Pansy smirked. Hermione blushed but then quickly hid it with a scoff.
"Don't be silly Pansy, I was not looking at Draco" Hermione huffed.

Daphne gave a giggle as Pansy whispered something to her. Daphne's eyes trailed to Draco then Hermione, clearly showing Pansy was definitely talking about them.

She glared at her two best friends who have nothing but innocent looks in return.
"Whatever you say Hermione" Pansy shrugged turning her attention back to class.

"You will be making a blood replenishing potion today. Instructions are on page 32, you have until 10:50" Snape instructed in his usual tone.

She quickly flipped through her textbook. 28,29,30,31, 32. She skimmed through the ingredients and went to grab valerian roots and nettle leaves.

She strolled passed the island and found what she was looking for. She reached to grab one when a familiar hand grabbed one before her.
"Hermione" Draco greeted. She gave a curt nod as to acknowledge him.

She didn't know what to feel about him. She enjoyed yesterday, that was for sure but did he? She was certain that she had feelings for him. They were best friends, but a part of her wanted to be more than just friend, and after yesterday she accepted the fact that she indeed fancied him.

Draco raised one of his eyebrows as to question why she was so quiet. She only gave a mysterious smirk back and went back to her cauldron.

She chopped the roots and sprinkled half of it into the cauldron. She read the instructions carefully, to make sure not to miss a single word.

She her a loud bang causing her to quickly look over. Seamus, a Gryffindor who Hermione very well knew Professor Snape despised has messed up his potion yet again. His face was covered in black ashes, after he had pathetically put the double of the amount needed for valerian roots.

Her eyes flickered into a familiar pair of grey eyes, which belonged to none other than Draco Malfoy.

He winked at her and she laughed casting him with her famous flirtatious smile.

"I'm telling you" Pansy whispered as she had seen the whole exchange between her and Draco. "Everyone can feel the sexual tension between you two"

"Shut up Pansy" Hermione dismissed, going back to making her potion. She carefully dropped in the nettle leaves. After minutes of carefully mixing, she sighed and took the knife of the table.

Hermione glided the cold and sharp knife across her warm skin and made a deep cut across her finger. She breathed in and quickly and set the knife aside, carefully dropping 3 drops of blood into the cauldron.

The potion suddenly turned deep red making Hermione smile, pleased with herself. She raised her small hand to get Professor Snape's attention.
"Professor Snape sir, I'm done"

He walked over and intently stared into the cauldron and nodded.
"You get an O Miss Gaunt, great job on always brewing your potions so perfectly. 10 points to Slytherin" Professor Snape praised but in a monotone voice.

"Thank you sir" Hermione beamed.

The bell rang for her next class and she quickly gathered her stuff.
"Hermione by the way" Pansy started. "Your glamour charm seemed to have started fading a while ago. Should probably hide the hickies" Pansy said innocently as she pointed to her neck.

Hermione gasped and quickly covered her neck with her hair and glared at her friend who just smirked back.