9- train

Months passed after what happened at the astronomy tower. The school year finally ended and it was time for them to go home. Hermione was ecstatic for she had missed her parents greatly.

She walked towards the train, with a book in her hand when she felt a familiar arm wrap around her.
"Hello love" she smiled and looked up at her boyfriend.

He planted a kiss on her plump lips that made her smile.
"Hello, can't believe we'll be 6th years next year can you?" He nodded his head in agreement while adding,
"This year has gone by so fast" he smirked and gestured her step inside the train first.

They picked their usual compartment in the train, the very last one where the two had first met. After, they were immediately followed in by their fellow Slytherin companions.

Blaise, as usual would made sarcastic remarks about Hermione and Draco's relationship which they would all laugh at. But even if the Slytherins wouldn't admit it to keep their reputation, they almost envied Hermione and Draco's reputation.

Pansy started to complain as usual, about the annoying students and teachers.

"And that kid had the audacity to literally bump into me and say nothing!" Pansy scoffed. "Those stupid mudblo-" Pansy started but was quickly cut off by a glaring Hermione.

"Muggle borns?" Pansy quickly corrected. Hermione gave her a look but was triumphant that about making Pansy not use that foul word. She nodded and motioned her to continue her rant.

The train ride was quick. Trolleys, laughter, but one thing was different, Draco. His arms were around her protectively which brought warmth to her. Her head laid on his shoulders and he would constantly look and gaze lovingly down at her, but somehow she always missed that.

Although the two didn't know, everyone at Hogwarts agreed that they were the cutest couple there, constantly saying they were perfect for each other. Everyone could see that Draco, who everyone knew was quite of an arse, truly did care about Hermione.

The train skidded to a stop and the Slytherin got up, grabbing their things out of the top racks.

They quickly bid their goodbyes to the couple and with a last wave, walked off to their parents.

Hermione smiled as she turned around and gazed at her wizard. She leaned to gift a soft kiss on his lips which she could feel Draco was smiling under.

He trailed his soft hands up and graced the side of her blushed cheeks.
"Owl me over the summer?" She asked.
"Of course. Have a nice summer love" he said as he saw the Gaunts walking over to their daughter.
"Thanks, I love you" she said as he have her a tight hug.
"I love you too Hermione"

Draco gave a polite greeting to the Gaunts and with a grin, walked over to his gleaming parents.
"I knew she loved you back!" Narcissa smiled while patting her son's shoulders. Draco as much as he tried could not suppress the grin crawling up on his face.

Lucius gave him a firm nod of confirmation but inside he was gleaming with pride.

Hermione turned around and smiled when she saw her boyfriend smiling happily with his parents. She was glad that she was able to have a safe and stress free year, and possibly more to come.

Oh how wrong she was.