28

Hermione and Draco landed in he Ministry. They weren't here to fight, so they went deeper and deeper into the building.

They quietly listened to the noises that most likely would haunt them for days, maybe years.
"I think we should go now don't you think?" Draco nodded in agreement.

The pair roamed to the center of the battle. Curses and hexes were still bouncing off the walls. The pair deflected many coming towards them but didn't have the intention of hurting.

The battle quieted down and two of the ministry officials were left, probably to be killed. Hermione stepped back, wanting to be far away as possible. But the simple step backwards made a creak, due to the old wooden tiles.

The dark lord turned his head and gave them a malicious smile.
"Ah Miss Gaunt and Mister Malfoy, would you two come over here?" They slowly made their ways to him, feeling uneasy.

"You two are going to kill them" The dark lord pointed at the crying workers.
"My lord, I don't think I deserve the honor" Hermione said quickly.
"Nonsense, you two have been loyal to me from the start. I am going to reward you with a nice, easy kill" He smirked.

"My lord, this is an honor but-" Draco started but was quickly cut off with a simple hand movement indicating him to stop.
"You are death eaters. Others would be thrilled to have this opportunity, and I am giving it to you two. Now go on and kill before I have to repeat myself" he instructed dangerously.

Hermione slowly made her way to petite lady with fiery red hair and dazzling blue eyes. She was kneeling and her breathing was hard. It was evident that someone had already crucioed her enough times already. She was bleeding through her forehead and legs and there was a big red stain on her t shirt.

"I'm sorry" Hermione repeated over and over in her head. Her eyes started welling with but she started to blink quickly for it to go away.

The women whimpered as Hermione slowly raised her wand.
"Miss Gaunt, we do not have all day"

"I could kill them both my-" Draco started but was cut off by the dark lords cold voice.
"No, Miss Gaunt will kill her and you will kill him afterwards" he said, pointing at an other man.

Hermione glanced at the women and looked at her sadly. The women stared into her eyes and slowly nodded like she understood. Hermione's heart beat rose and her breathing became faster and faster. She couldn't do this, but she had to.

She could hear the impatient death eaters around her, scoffing or huffing.
She pointed the wand to the women again, making the women close her eyes, accepting her fate.

"Avada Kedavra"

The women fell onto the ground, she was gone. Hermione bit her lips forcing herself not to cry. She had taken away the women's ability to grow old, and if she had a family, watch them grow. Just like that, the witch was lying of the ground, lifeless.

"No Draco, kill that man" Draco's eyes met Hermione's and he walked towards the man.
"Please" She could hear the man beg.
"Silence him" the dark lord ordered making Draco flick his wand to cast the spell.

"Now Draco, kill him. He isn't one of us, just a worthless mudblood who doesn't deserve to be in this world. Go on" The dark lord taunted.

Draco grit his teeth and he pointed the wand to the man's chest.
"Avada Kedavra" the green flash went through the man's chest, making him fall onto the ground. Another innocent soul had gone.

Hermione despised how easy it was. Just one spell could end one's life. Just one easy spell.

"Goodbye, I'm so sorry" Hermione apologizes in her head to the two lifeless bodies in front of her.