15- necklace

Hermione sat in the dining hall, eating her dinner when the whispers reached her ears.

"I heard she was cursed!" A student whispered. Hermione leaned over to them a little to eavesdrop more.
"From what I heard, it was a cursed necklace. It almost killed her apparently"
"Poor her, is she okay?"
"Madam Pomfrey said that she's going to be at St. Mungo's for a while"
"Who did it?" A Gryffindor asked to the classmates around her.
"They don't know who" A girl with blonde curly hair whispered making all the girls around her gasp in fear.

Draco popped into her head immediately. He had his mood swings then and now sure, but it had been terrible since yesterday.

He would become agitated quickly and he would never talk, never torment the younger years, and that was like his hobby. He was very unlike himself.

She hadn't seen him today because he had told her that he had detention with Professor McGonagall. Was that a lie too?

She quickly stood up, leaving the confused Slytherins behind. She raced through the corridors and into the dungeon before muttering 'pureblood' to the picture. It swung open and without hesitation, she walked in.

She raced into the boy's dorms and finally found the room that him and three others shared.

"Draco!" She yelled knocking on the door. She heard objects crashing in his room before he answered,
"Go away Hermione"

She shook her head although knowing that he couldn't see it.
"Open the bloody door!" She said anxiously hoping he wasn't doing anything stupid.

"No one can help me understand? No one" He yelled back angrily.

Hermione grabbed her wand and with a simple 'alomahara' the door swung open, revealing the blond Slytherin. The bags under his eyes were visible, like he had never slept. His eyes were bloodshot and his hair was ruffled up.

"Draco let me help you. What happened? Was it something with Katie Bell?" The moment she said Katie's name, she immediately regretted it from the look Draco got in his eyes.

"I said no one can help me. Don't you see I don't want you here? Now I'm going to say it again, leave" he said while pointing at the door

Hermione shook her head stubbornly and before he could retaliate, held him in her arms. 

"Don't touch me!" He yelled trying to push her off of him, which caused her to only hold him tighter. "I'm a monster don't you see? Now go before I hurt you" he trembled our almost pleadingly. She shook her head vigorously determined to stay.

"Stop, please stop saying that about yourself" she grabbed his face and brought it up, forcing his eyes to look into hers. "You are the most caring, smart, stubborn, funny, and brave person I have ever met. I hate to see you like this" she desperately pleaded.

"Then leave so you don't have to" Draco commented making Hermione clench her jaws.

"Can you tell me what happened?" She asked quietly like she was talking to a lost cat and trying to not scare it away.
"You're going to hate me" he mumbled looking at the floor.

"No I won't, I can see how much it hurt you" Hermione patiently waited for him to catch his breath. She put her hand on the his cheek and grabbed his right hand. She slowly grazed her thumb on his hand soothingly giving him instant comfort.

"Voldemort gave me several missions" he started. "But the main one I'm supposed to complete before this school year-" his voice trembled at the end and Hermione nodded, waiting him to continue. "It's to kill Dumbledore" Hermione gave a slight gasp upon hearing his words. She should've of guessed, Dumbledore had been Voldemort's biggest threat.

"I cast an imperius curse on the landlady of Three Broomsticks so she would give the necklace to Katie Bell. Then Katie would give it to Dumbledore which was supposed to kill him. He's going to kill me Hermione, he said himself he would"

He looked into her eyes sadly while he sat that waiting for her to say something. Waiting for her to call him a monster and storm out of the room. She deserves someone better than me Draco would repeat in his mind over and over again.

Hermione saw his conflicting eyes. Behind his stormy grey eyes she could see a frightened boy, not knowing what to do. She didn't know what she would do if her family and her life were threatened.

"Oh Draco" was all she whispered. Her eyes watered seeing her lover living in so much doubt and fear.

"I'm a monster Hermione. Tell me that I'm a monster, get out of here. You're better off without me" he pleaded, tears running down his face.

"No" Hermione clearly stated. "I will never do that"

She knew for a fact that there was one thing she would always do in this dark world. And it was never to let go of him, because she promised herself so.