Be careful of Craigslist ads

A guy made a Craigslist posting saying he was a talent scout and ran an agency. He got the interest of a father, grandfather and his granddaughter. This guy's specialty was casting families, (preferably children) under the guise that he was looking to produce a film and needed actors.

Not too long ago, the grandfather and his granddaughter went to meet this guy up at the house. They actually drove by 2 hours early to check out the house before going to it. There was a for sale sign outside the house and it appeared vacant. The family drove by later at the agreed time of meeting in the morning, and were greeted at the door by a man in a suit. He tried to convince the little girl to come inside many times. The grandfather got a bad feeling and left. Turns out, in an unrelated sting, the police caught this guy for child porn charges. He had 10 counts of child porn, and his home was raided. The father/grandfather, around the same time reported this incident to the police. When the police found this guy, he had a bag with him. In it was a knife, zip ties, sex toys, and he even had plastic sheeting. He was going to pretty much kill the grandfather, then rape and murder the child. His plan was to get this all on film. The camera was set up and ready to go. Luckily the father and grandfather had a gut feeling something was off and reported the incident.

This guy happened to be a kid I pretty much grew up knowing for about 15 years. He was even my brothers roommate for a while. He was always very creepy and I couldn't never pinpoint why exactly. I felt my stomach drop reading this news. This guy has been inside my home, went to parties I had (My birthday party). I have had multiple conversations with him.

Luckily, he won't be getting out of jail anytime soon.