My Sleeping Wife

I pull into the driveway from another late night. I enter the house to find all the lights are out,as usual. My wife must already be in bed and asleep. It's late and I'm tired , so I figure I might as well go to bed too. I don't bothering turning on the lights anymore, I can navigate my way through the house blind. Besides I don't want to wake my wife. The bedroom door creaks as it opens and I inch my way to my side of the bed and crawl in.  I move close to my wife and wrap my arm around her. I know she's asleep, but I somehow feel her embrace me as I hold her.I slowly drift to sleep, with the love of my life asleep in my arms.

I slowly begin to wake up when I find my love is no longer in my arms, or in bed for that matter. I open my eyes to see her entire side covered in dried, crusty blood. I panic and look to the floor to see bloody footprints and drips of blood leading out of the room. I frantically got up to follow the footprints  and search for my wife.As I approach the door, I decide to take one last look at the room.As I turn around I see my once beautiful wife sliced opened and mutilated, nailed to the wall behind my bed.Beside her, painted in her blood across the wall, were the words , "Thanks for hiding me,but maybe next time you should turn on a light when you come in."