Craigslist ad number 2

OK, guys ... Yesterday was probably one of the worst days I have ever endured, and it all started with a phone call at about 7 a.m. I picked up my phone to see who was calling me so early, but since I didn't recognize the number, I just put it on silent and fell back asleep. When I woke up again three hours later, I saw that I had 12 missed calls and eight voicemails. Panic started to set in as I thought something horrible had happened to a family member. As I looked at all the missed numbers though, I realized that I didn't know who any of them were. I thought that was really strange, since if something bad had happened to a family member I should atleast recognize one of the numbers. Then things only got weirder as I heard the first voicemail.

"Hi, I was just giving a call about the house you have for sale. I saw the craigslist ad and was hoping to figure out a time I could be given a walkthrough. Just gimme a call back at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thanks!" 

I figured that was just a wrong number and played the next voicemail ...

"Yeah, hi, I was calling about the house for sale on craigslist. If you could give me a call back at xxx-xxx-xxxx. I'd really like to know some more about those murders before I take a walkthrough. Thanks and have a nice day."

After hearing the second voicemail I was really starting to wonder what the hell was going on. The other six voicemails were all pretty much the same, inquiring about setting up a walkthrough, and wanting to know about the murders. After I finished listening to the last one, I needed to find out what the fuck was going on. I called the last number to leave a voicemail and a woman answered. When I asked her about the house she was calling about, she said there was an ad on Craigslist offering a house for dirt cheap, but it was only so cheap because the post said that a couple had been murdered in the house. I asked her if she could text me the link and she assured me that she would.

About two minutes later my phone buzzed and I saw her number pop up on its screen. I had no idea what was in store for me by clicking on that link. When the webpage opened, the coldest chill I have ever felt shot down my spine. What I saw was a picture of MY house on a craigslist for-sale ad. What made it worse was that the pictures had been taken within the last week. You could see the pumpkin that I carved last weekend FFS. Then I read the posting description...

"I have this sweet little home I am putting up for sale. It is located in the town of (removed), just a hop, skip and jump away from the city. Enjoy all the seclusion and privacy that this house will bring you.

"My asking price is $25,000.

"Disclosure — There is a reason I am asking basically nothing for this house ... The precious couple who lived there, a young man and woman, were murdered in the house a year ago. I figured I would get it out in the open now so that I'm only contacted by people who are not bothered by this.

"Don't let this little mishap dissuade you though, the neighborhood is VERY safe. I promise.

"You can call (my name was listed) at any time day or night, I never sleep, and we can set a time to take a walkthrough of the house!

"My number is (my number was listed). I look forward to hearing from you soon. ;)"

I felt like I had been socked in the gut. What the fuck was going on?? How did they know my number? MY NAME?! I immediately called my girlfriend over to see. I could see the horror set in on her face as she looked at the ad. I didn't think I could feel any worse, until she pointed out how our car was in the picture. WE WERE IN THE HOUSE WHEN SOMEONE TOOK THESE PICTURES! I immediately called the police to figure out what the hell to do. They informed me that I should immediately contact Craigslist to remove the posting. Other than that there was really nothing else they could do at the moment. The only crime that had technically been committed would be trespassing, but since whoever took the pictures wasn't on our property anymore, they couldn't do anything else...

I'm freaking the fuck out, guys. My girlfriend was on the phone with her mom in hysterics for most of the day yesterday. Today, we've just been on constant alert. Every sound we hear makes us jump. I think the worst part is, I know there's really nothing that I can do. I feel so violated and so helpless. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Some way that we can feel safe in our own home again?