Post-apocalyptic Wasteland

It's 50 years in the future, and the world is at war. Luckily, when the nuclear bombs dropped, you had a bomb shelter under your house to hide out in. When your monitors tell you it's safe to go outside a year later , I find that my family is okay some with my friends except for one friend my trustworthy and loyal dog named Meatloaf and so I look high and low for him and calling his name because he was my very best friend and we got along better than my family and I ever did and if I ever lost him I would flip out and be really sad and probably never recover and when we got our house rebuilt it was by the coast like 2 months later I gave up on trying to find my best friend, but apart of me just knew that he was still alive , even though my family and friends kept trying to persuade me that my dog was gone and I refused to believe them and so everyday I went to school again , but I was always lost in thought about my dog and I was starting to question if he was to alive or not and then as I was walking home from school I was kicking rocks and crusing myself for believing my best friend was alive and then I peeked over the cliff and see a dog paddling toward the shore and he looked exactly like Meatloaf and so I called down Meatloaf and the dog started paddling faster and so I ran down to the shore and called Meatloaf again and he came running back to me and I was crying , but happy at the same time because I had my best friend back in my life with me after 2 disastrous months of trying to live without hima and so we went home and then I told my family look who I found and there shock was just really surprised that he was even alive and they were glad I didn't fully give up hope. Then, we finished having a very happy life together just us two in our own little world before the bombing happened. Finally, Everything was back to normal or at least I thought it was for now.