Three Knocks in the Dead of Night

Something strange happened to and their grandma. One night, they stayed up late watching The Walking Dead. Their grandma had never seen the show before, so they'd spent the past few nights binging late into the night. It was about 4 am when the two turned off the television and the lights and called it a night. Their grandma went into her room, and our Reddit user went to the bathroom to brush their teeth. That was when they heard three light knocks right behind them.

Since the bathroom was connected to their grandmother's room, they assumed it was her checking to see if they were in the bathroom. They answered but didn't get a response. When they left the bathroom and met their grandma in the hallway, she asked what the user wanted. Confused, the writer said that they thought she was the one knocking on the bathroom door. But grandma had also heard three knocks on her door and thought it was the Reddit user.

As it turns out, they both heard the quiet, distinct knocks. They searched the house to make sure no one had broken in, double-checked the locks, and finally went to bed. Their grandma has one deceased son and one son that has been missing for almost a year now. The user believes that the knocks had something to do with the missing men - perhaps they were trying to reach out to their beloved family.