Two

Two

The local police station was a drab place, full of assholes who were one step away from prison or kids like myself who only had a matter of chances left before we were shipped off to juvie by our despairing parents. That day there were two guys sitting in the corner, no doubt waiting for their significant others to come and pick them up, whilst a girl who looked a little older than myself was waiting in the corner. From what i heard she'd been shoplifting. She had long bleach blonde hair and a ton of eyeliner on, and was incredibly pretty. I bet she flirted her way out of it.

I wondered again weather i was just admiring her looks or wether i actually felt something towards her. Sometimes i thought i was completely gay, but other times i'd spot a striking woman who'd make me wonder weather i had a few preferences thrown in. My sexuality confused the crap out of me.

"Taylor Momsen?" The officer behind the desk called, and the girl got up with a frustrated groan, throwing her black canvas bag over her shoulder as she did so, and headed towards the desk. She glanced at me sideways and gave me a slight wink as the officer shuffled through her papers. I wasn't in the best of moods to flirt back, especially when i wasn't even sure i was into girls in that way, so i just smiled and watched her be lead off.

"Frank" I was snapped from my thoughts when i heard my father's familiar voice. Him and my mother were standing with McManor, having obviously finished talking to him privately. Neither of my parents showed any sort of emotion as they looked down at me. I guessed they were just going to save their anger for when we were alone.

"The officers have agreed not to press charges on you as they think our discipline will be enough" My mom snapped down at me, a cold edge to her voice that seemed more prominent than usual "so grab your bag and let's go home."

"Why? What's your punishment for me?" I stood up in a second, bag already on. I hated spending any time in that horrid place, and was eager to get out as soon as possible, but then i was also dreading whatever they had in store for me.

"We'll talk at home" My dad walked straight past me and out towards the car, my mom following right behind. I turned to look at McManor, but he just sighed at me with what looked almost like pity. If he felt sorry for me then they must have thought of something pretty damn bad.

Were they finally sending me to juvie? Oh fuck no, there was no way I was going there. I'd be away from any friends I had. Plus I'd no doubt get the crap beaten out of me - especially if I came out that I was interested in guys.

I know my parents hadn't wanted it to come to juvie - they didn't want to send their only son away with a warning mark clearly stamped onto his criminal record. But maybe they had finally decided that enough was enough, and I was about to get shipped off like last weeks trash?

"Get in. We'll talk at home" my dad ordered as he climbed into the drivers seat. I had the sense to sit in the back whilst the two of them took the front, all of us riding along in stony silence. Neither of them looked back at their disappointment of a son, instead focusing on the road ahead. I had no choice but to look at the backs of their head, and sent them both stony glares that they couldn't see.

My parents weren't horrible. They weren't lovely either. They were... average. Ordinary. A couple that married in their mid-thirties and then had me a year later. They worked at typical nine-to-five jobs and had a semi-detached house. They weren't rich, but then they weren't poor either. I got an allowance, my own room, shoes on my feet and clothes on my body all paid for.

People thought that they must have neglected me as a child for me to act out so much, but the truth was i just enjoyed getting a kick out of it. I didn't enjoy it when they found out, i didn't crave attention from them or their punishments. I was just an adrenalin junkie who loved to stir trouble. Sorry for not having a deeper meaning, but it looks like i was just a simple teenage boy who wanted to show the whole world his middle finger.