Eleven

Eleven

I slept well that night. The bed in Gerard's spare room was a comfy one, and i sprawled out in it, allowing myself to sleep in until nine thirty in the morning, which was when i opened my bleary eyes and remembered what had happened the night before, from the party, to Dewees, to the argument with James, and then to the kiss with Gerard.

I'd both been kissed by a guy and kissed a guy myself within the space of a few hours, something I never thought would have happened. The only one I actually thought about was the second one though, remembering the way Gerard had felt against my lips, the way his hands felt resting on me and the little groan he'd made that proved he'd enjoyed it, no matter what he was going to say to convince himself he didn't.

I sighed into the pillow, knowing I had to face him. I didn't regret what had happened, I only wished he felt the same though. He was a priest and I knew it could never work out, but that didn't mean I didn't want to try.

It was obvious that he enjoyed kissing me, and must have been somewhat attracted to me, which meant he couldn't be completely straight. Getting him to admit this would probably be a completely separate matter though.

I an a hand through my hair, trying to tame it, before I got out of bed and clambered down the stairs, finding my way into the kitchen, where Gerard was dressed in casual clothes, which consisted of the same jeans he wore anyway, but paired with a faded Iron Maiden t-shirt and minus his collar, making him seem like a regular guy instead of an out-of-bounds priest.

"Morning" I shuffled from foot to foot, watching as he looked up at me with a smile that looked as awkward as I felt.

"Hey" he mumbled softly "There's er, there's cereals over there, or you can have toast if you want. Or fruit, help yourself" he gestured to the kitchen cabinets and tried to turn away, but I reached out and grabbed his wrist from my side of the counter, not wanting to leave it.

"Don't pretend like it didn't happen" I whispered, even though we were the only people in the house.

"Frank I can't-"

"Can't? Yes you can, you kissed me back last night and don't even think for a moment that you didn't enjoy it because it's obvious you did. You wanted that as much as I did." I knew one of us had to be the confident one that would push forward, and Gerard seemed to be doing the opposite.

"Even if I did enjoy it-"

"Which you did."

"Okay fine, yes I did enjoy it. But Frank that can't happen again" he tugged at the ends of his hair, his frustration obvious to me.

"Why not? Gerard nobody needs to know about this. Who's going to find out? Who's even going to care?" For some reason, this seemed to snap something within him.

"Who's going to care? I'll tell you who's going to care Frank! I kissed an underage guy last night, a guy who's family has trusted me to watch over him. So yes Frank, people are going to care. Big time." He was yelling by the time he'd finished talking, but I didn't flinch, or even feel worried by it.

"I know" I sighed "But are you really just going to let that stop you? Have some fun Gee, do something reckless for once. Live. If you don't push the boundaries you'll never know how far you can get." It was something I loved to do all the time, but he was yet to discover his sense of rebellion, either that or he just compressed it. "Come on, I have faith in you too, okay?"

"No, Frank I seriously can't" He went to stand up but I stood with him, reaching out to grab his hand, but he just pulled it away "You just think you want to kiss me because I'm here for you and I'm actually giving you a chance, but you need to stick with people your own age, people who aren't your local priest."