Seven

Seven

After a long day of school I found myself making my way to the church. The day had been okay so far, with Steve trying to shove Jimmy in a bin, Lynz lending me one of her cigarettes and me and Oli making up some awesome riffs on the guitars in music. I'd much rather have hung out with them all in the park after school - even if it meant getting off with semi-attractive people in the bushes - but instead i was going to hang out with a fucking preist for the remainder of the afternoon.

At least he liked Metallica. And was attractive. I guessed that if i was really bored I could just check him out or something. Although part of me thought it was kind of forbidden. Not that I was ever one to follow the rules in the first place...

The building loomed up ahead of me and i found myself walking slower in a futile attempt to spend less time there. Of course, eventually i reached the double doors that were wide open, probably some metaphor about how God was all-welcoming. I stepped inside, and for the sake of their heating bills closed the door behind me, wondering where Gerard actually was.

"Hello?" I called out, walking into the main chapel. For a second I didn't see Gerard, and then I looked to my left and saw him balancing on a ladder about ten feet into the air as he polished the organ's pipes. My eyes travelled to his tight jeans, wondering if it should even be legal for a priest to have such a nice ass, probably helped by said black jeans. He was wearing a black shirt again with his priests collar hanging where a tie would have otherwise been, his hair reaching just below his ears. I guessed that that must have been his usual attire for work.

"Frank! Hey!" he spun to face me, his welcoming smile in place. "Sorry, I didn't hear you come in. I'll come down." He threw the cloth down to the floor and started to climb down the ladder, skipping the last step and just jumping down. He seemed to just radiate energy and general positivity, which was probably the direct opposite of myself. I was the one leaning against one of the pews with my arms crossed over my chest and a bored expression no doubt already taking over my face.

"Do you want a drink or something?" He walked past me towards the doors that lead back into the extended part of the church, leaving me no option but to follow "Because i'm dying for a coffee, I can make you one too?"

"No thanks, i've got a drink" I pull out my can on coke that I grabbed on the way "but er, thanks anyway."

"No problem" he lead me through the corridor and towards the stairs that lead back up to his office/lounge area "take a seat whilst I make one then." He gestured to the sofa and i perched on the edge, watching him turn the coffee machine on.

"Aren't you going to tell me what my punishment for today's going to be?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at how relaxed he was being. He was treating the whole thing like I had an option as to wether i wanted to be there or not, like I had chosen to come and have fucking coffee with him or something.

"Punishment? I'm not going to make you scrub the floors with a toothbrush, you know" He turned to look at me with a slight eye roll "You're here because your uncle would rather you were somewhere where you won't get into trouble, as opposed to being out with your friends that he dosen't trust you around. I know you don't want to be here, but we might as well try and make it pleasant - right?"

"Look, are you seriously going to make me stay here every day and expect me to find it pleasant?" I held back from laughing "There's nothing pleasant about this. My uncle's a dick and he thinks that by sending me to spend time here all my problems are just going to disappear. He's just worried that the police will catch me tagging, and then his reputation will be tainted."

"You go tagging then?" He seems vaguely interested "As in, spray paint on walls?"

"Yeah" my expression turns to a guarded one "why?"