Six

Six

It turned out that Jimmy's plan consisted of us, a bottle of cheap Vodka, and the local park. Apparently the one with a playground on was set on the other side on town, meaning that this one was overrun with teenagers. Luckily it was a big place, so it was easy for us to find a spot underneath a particularly big tree to swig down the bottle. It was almost peaceful, in a way, to be sitting under the large branches and passing the bottle back and forth. 

We'd also grabbed some squash to mix in with the stuff, just so that we wouldn't gag whilst drinking it. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a lightweight, but the taste of vodka wasn't something i wanted to endure. But by mixing it with a few drops of blackcurrant squash, the taste quickly became bearable. 

"This, believe it or not, is big in the way of pick-up grounds" Jimmy said between sips "I mean, there isn't really many places for everyone our age to hang out, so most people tend to flock here and end up getting off behind the toilets or something." 

"Classy" I muttered, making him laugh. 

"Only if you want it to be" He passed me the bottle "me and Chanty use to spend quite a few evenings down here when we were first starting to date. You know, before we were at the stage of going back to each other's houses. But seriously, if you're interested in having some fun then i can probably point out a few girls that-" 

"Er" i talked over him, stopping him from going any further when i was already uninterested "as much as i appreciate the offer, i'm not really sure that it's girls i like, if you know what i mean" His eyes widened a little, but his smile didn't flicker. 

"Oh, you're one for cute boys" He took the bottle back off me and had a gulp before scanning the park "Well, i'll admit that it does lower the amount of options, but there's still plenty of people to have some fun with." 

"I'm really not interested in giving blow jobs in the bushes Jimmy, but thanks for the consideration" We both started laughing at that, probably because we were getting tipsy by that point, maybe even a little drunk. 

"Well if you change your mind then i'll hook you up" He dropped the subject then, thank god. I was glad he'd taken the whole 'not straight' think so well. I knew he'd be cool with it, simply because he was that sort of person. He wasn't an asshole, and actually saw that sexuality was just a part of someone's personality, and not something to judge upon. 

"How long until you need to be home?" I asked him, noticing that we'd made a considerable dent in the Vodka. I could fell my thought take on a fuzzy sensation, and a slight wobbliness appear in my arms and legs. It was a weird sensation that had me feeling a little more giggly than normal. Luckily i was a happy drunk for the most part, unlike Pete who would start to bawl about his life the moment he got tipsy. Either than or he'd get sexual, which is about the time when you have you pour water down his throat.

"Eh, my parents won't be that bothered about what time i get back. Why? Are you missing your beloved relatives already?" He nudged my side and i gave him a playful punch to the arm. 

"Fuck off, you know i hate them. I just wanted to know how long i can stay out with you until i'm forced to go back to that place." 

"You know, if you really want to get back at them then maybe we should go tagging" he nodded his head towards my bag "I mean, you have the paints on you right now. We could go paint an message saying exactly what we think." 

"I don't really tend to spray messages or words, just artwork. It speaks for itself, really" I explained, and unlike Pete he seemed to get it. 

"Even better. You could paint your emotions - be artistic and a a dick at the same time. All the best ones are anyway" He gestured to himself as he spoke, making another stream of laughter erupt from my mouth.