Twenty Nine

A/N the Andy I mentioned in the last chapter was Andy Biersack btw, I forgot to mention that and people weren't sure :)

Chapter Twenty Nine

I have to admit, it was only when music came around and me, Oli and Kellin made our way into the practice room that i realised how little me and Kellin had conversed all day. To be fair, I had a lot on my mind, but I still felt bad for not noticing sooner.

He spoke a little to me here and there, but mainly it was me and Oli doing the talking. Luckily I don't think Oli noticed as he was so caught up in the song he was writing, but I certainly did. I didn't want to confront him there and then though, in case Oli got dragged into it, so I went the whole session making small talk and trying to keep the atmosphere carefree.

Kellin spoke to me now and again, but only when he needed me to pass something to him or if I asked him a direct question. By the time the end of class came, I had to practically run after him out of school campus.

"Kellin wait up!" I yelled after him as he all but power walked down the road. He ignored me, and it was only when I caught up to him fully and grabbed ahold of his elbow that he spun round to face me, a glare on his features. It shocked me to see him looking at me that way, and my gut filled with dread as to what he could possibly know.

"What do you want?" He snapped, and it took me a moment to adjust to his tone and figure out some sort of reply.

"What's the matter? I mean, what have I done?" Part of me didn't even want to ask "you haven't spoken to me all day and I don't even know why, you could at least tell me what it is so I can apologise."

"Do you really want to bring it up?' he raised an eyebrow and started to walk again, leaving me to walk beside him at a face pace.

"Well I don't see any other way that we can resolve this" I was suppose to be heading towards the church, but I figured Gerard would know to cover for me. This was the main matter at hand, and I wasn't giving up until I knew exactly how much Kellin had heard or seen to turn him against me.

"Fine, you wanna talk about it? Then let's talk about why you smashed that alarm on Saturday night."

That certainly stunned me into silence. It was all I could do to keep walking. He glared at me from out of the corner of his eyes and huffed to himself "that's what I thought. Nothing to say anymore, huh?"

"Kellin... How did you...?"

"I was looking to see where you'd got to when I spotted you smashing the goddam thing. I nearly told everyone when they were all looking for you. To be honest the only reason I didn't spill was because I thought you deserve a chance to explain yourself. And yet you didn't even contact me once over the rest of the weekend. I still have no idea where you went or why you did it. You blatantly lied to us all today and was the only one who didn't believe your bullshit!" He was yelling by that point, and I guess rightly so.

"Kellin, I know it must have looked awful, but I promise I had my reasons" we weren't too far from his house by that point, and I was worried that my allocated slot of time in between was running out quicker than I could possibly hope to explain my crisis.

"I should hope so, seeing as you completely ruined the whole gig for Vic and the guys" He stared at me expectantly "Well go on then, explain yourself. I'm not waiting around all day" we rounded the corner onto his street, and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

I was going to have to come clean to him, I couldn't see any other way out of it.

"Look, i'll tell you everything. I just... it's a long story and I don't really want to do it out here" I glanced over at his house, which was no doubt empty. From what I'd gathered his parents were away most nights on business trips and such, so Kellin tended to have the place to himself. Part of me wondered if he'd ever wanted a sibling, but he always seemed pretty happy there on his own.