Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

The first obstacle I faced on Saturday was getting me and Ray out the house without his parents suspecting we were actually going to the same social event. I'd told them briefly that I was going to Kellin's, and headed out. However, I'd had to wait fifteen minutes or so, standing around the corner of the road whilst Ray told them he was going to stay at one of his friends houses that night. He'd felt it was important we left at different times, although personally I'd kind of wanted to rub James's face in the fact that we were going to a gig together, and that despite all his threats and warnings, I was still retaining my friendship with my cousin. 

"So have you heard this guys band before?' Ray asked as we drove over to Kellin's, Green Day playing throughout the car and creating a positive mood within it. 

"Nope" I grinned "But Kellin said they were great, and the club they're playing is suppose to be really great for the alternative scene, so all our sort of people are gunna be there." 

"Our sort of people?" he asked with a laugh "you make it sound like a cult instead of a music taste." 

"Nah, it's far stronger than that" I grinned as we turned onto Kellin's road. Everyone was meeting there originally, and then the two car fulls of teenagers would be heading off for the rarity of a Saturday night actually going out (and when you're at the bottom of the social high-school food chain, it really was something to actually have decent plans.) 

"Are you sure you're friends are okay with me tagging along too?" He asked as he parked his car in Kellin's driveway "I mean, I know you needed the car, but -" 

"Relax dude, we would've invited you along anyway, even if you didn't have a car" I chuckled "You need to stop doubting yourself and realise that just because you've got shitty parents dosen't mean you yourself are shit." 

"You put it all so poetically" He muttered, voice laced with sarcasm. 

"See? How could we ever turn down that sass?" I received a playful smack to the shoulder for that one. "Seriously though, just relax about it all. We're going to have a fucking amazing time tonight, I can already tell." 

"You came dangerously close to the 'be yourself' line then Frank" he raised an eyebrow. 

"If we don't get out of this car and get a move on then I'm going to say it along with a whole speech of cheesy, encouraging sayings" I threatened, and that was all it took for him to get out of his car and all but jog up to the house, leaving me to follow with a giggle. 

 ***

"You lot all ready then?" Lynz asked from the doorway of Kellin's living room, her car keys in her hand. We'd been at Kellin's for about an hour, just pissing around and listening to Kellin go on and on about just how amazing Vic's band were, and how he couldn't wait for us all to see how talented he was.

"Think so" Chantal grinned, re-touching her eyeliner in a compact mirror as she spoke. The girls had definitely made more of an effort than the guys. Whereas me and the others had just thrown on skinny jeans, band t-shirts and a variou array of leather or denim jackets, Kitty had opted for a heavy chain necklace and a long black t-shirt with her leggings (and spiked boots that added at least another two inches on height.) 

Lynz looked stunning, and if I wasn't as gay as it got, I would have been seriously attracted to her. She had this tartan miniskirt on with a spiked leather jacket and wedge boots, whilst Chantal had this black and white striped dress which Jimmy continued to stare at whenever he thought nobody was watching.