Twenty Four

A/N if I slip up and spell Brian as 'Brain' please point it out because I keep making that same typo and just ughhh

Chapter Twenty Four

By the time Friday rolled around that week, I had concluded that I hated Brian. I hated the way he treated me like a kid. I hated the way he gave me the most boring jobs you could think of, and most of all I hated the way he was always around. The most action i'd got was the making out me and Gerard would do in his car when he would drop me home.

Even then, Brian had asked why he bothered driving me the short distance.

"It's on my way" Gerard would shrug "besides, James wouldn't want him getting into trouble on his way home, would he?" Brian always agreed with that, obviously not trusting me at all and thinking that I could manage to break the law on the short walk home. Which, grantedly, I could. Several times. But he didn't need to know that. It wasn't like I planned on it anyway.

"You're probably right there, Gerard" he'd nod "I knew you'd be a good influence on him." It was normally when he said things like this that I would have to try my absolute hardest not to give Gerard a suggestive look, as the last time i'd done so he did not look amused.

To say I was pining for our time alone together would be an understatement. The fact that our night away was still a week too far irritated me, and if it wasn't for the promise of the gig the next day I probably would've been about to set the damn church alight just so I wouldn't have to go there every day anymore.

When I arrived at the church, I was expecting the usual torture that had become my hours after college, consisting of sorting through hymn books, polishing organs and other minimal tasks that made me want to catch up on my erratic sleeping schedule (the internet was an all-night service that i tended to take full advantage of.)

That's why my tone of voice was dismal as I announced my arrival in the general direction of the office before unzipping my hoodie and chucking it carelessly over my bag, leaving both items by the door. I then all but dragged myself up the stairs, wondering what boring, mediocre task Brian would find for me to do today, and no doubt watch me complete with a smug smirk that told me he would always be on James's side, always seeing me as a piece of dirt.

"Hey grumpy" Gerard chuckled when I slouched into the room, hands stuffed in my jean pockets. He was leaning against the sofa, arms crossed over his chest and a smirk on his lips that never normally resided there at church. Normally that expression was saved for when it was just me, him, and a chunk of free time. "Are you lacking caffeine, sleep or food?"

"A cocktail of the three" I sighed, glancing around the room "where's Brian almighty?" Gerard let out his high pitched giggle at that, covering his mouth with his hand.

"Brian almighty?"

"My nicknames are the best, don't mock them!"

"Oh I don't doubt they are, that's why I'm laughing" he leaned forward and grabbed me by the front of the t-shirt, and before I knew what was happening he was pulling hard enough for us both to go toppling back over the sofa. "And in answer to your question" he said as soon as we landed, me now lying on top of him "Brian went out to visit a local hospital, something about charity work and all those usual social events."

"Wait, so we have the place to ourselves?" My eyes widened as I realised exactly what Gerard was hinting at. Of course, they went even wider when his hand slid into my back pocket and squeezed my ass, his smirk just getting wider.

"I get you all to myself" his other hand ran along the waistline of my jeans, fingering the loopholes of my belt "and I would hate to waste the opportunity, wouldn't you?"