Fourteen

A/N I can't spell check right now - hope it's okay!

Fourteen

There was no going back now. Me and Gerard had done things that would get him fired if it ever came out about us. Hell, he could even be deported back to New Jersey if we weren't careful. He knew this even more than I did, and I knew I was going to have to not breath a single word of it for his sake.

Not that I would brag about something like that anyway, but it was hard not to smile during dinner that night. And trust me when I say that me smiling definitely would've aroused suspicion. I never smiled around my aunt or uncle, in fact they'd probably think I had a fever if I so much as made eye contact with them over the table.

So instead I ate my food in silence, only half listening to what James was saying about his work and some stupid joke his boss had said, and tried to look my normal, miserable self. It must have worked because I was dismissed immediately, and I went straight back up to my room to message Pete, who was surprising still with Patrick and still just as in love as he had been the previous week.

I was planning on just having an early night when Ray surprised me by knocking on my door, guitar in his hand.

"Hey" He smiled "I know it's been a while since you practiced - here" he placed the instrument down onto my bed 'have fun and bring it back when you're done, okay?"

"Thank you" my eyed widened as I picked it up "Seriously Ray, I owe you one for letting me borrow this.' It wasn't even a cheap guitar - it was a real Fender one, and I could just tell it was beyond expensive. he'd probably saved up for ages to be able to afford it.

"It's not a problem" he shrugged.

"Be that as it may, but if you ever need a hand with anything just say okay? I don't like to take charity from people."

"Technically you're not taking, you're just borrowing it for an hour" He shrugged and went to leave, but then stopped short in the doorway and seemed to think to himself for a moment before turning back to face me, a guarded look on his face. "You seem happier than usual."

"I wasn't aware that was a crime" I raised an eyebrow, not giving away the rush of panic i'd felt inside at his comment. I couldn't afford to let anyone get suspicious about what I was up to at the church, not even him.

"No, I know, It's just nice to see you happy, that's all. You're nearly always moping around when you're here. I know things like graffiti and sneaking out make you cheer up, but it's nice to see you have a legal hobby too" he nodded towards the guitar.

"What can I say? It's creative, so I enjoy it" he lingered for a moment more before disappearing off back towards his room, leaving me to start playing the guitar, loosing myself in the various power chords and riffs and even allowing myself to stop thinking about that afternoon, even if only for a short period of time.

I'm walking towards the canteen at lunch the next day when I spot Lynz walking up ahead, her black hair pulled into it's usual bunches being a dead giveaway. That and the Iron Maiden bag that's slung over her shoulder.

"Lynz!" I call out, and she turns, a bright red grin on her face as she waits for her to catch up with her through the gradually thinning crowd.

"Hey Frank" She grins as we turn and start to descend down the stairs.

"You okay? You looked like you were in a bit of a rush back there" It was a good job she heard me and stopped, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to catch up with her fast pace without all out running.

"Oh yeah, I just walk faster when i'm irritated" She shrugged.

"Irritated?"

"Did I not tell you yesterday? My parents got divorced when I was younger, and now my dad's gone and got this girlfriend" she practically spat the word "And it's not that i'm against them seeing other people, it's just that this woman's a total bitch."