Thirty Three

Chapter Thirty Three

After the car park drama, the rest of the week passed suprisingly well. Every day I went to the church for about an hour, was assigned some mediocre chore by Brian, who ignored my constantly remarks, and then I would proceed to sit around on my phone. Of course Gerard would eventually give in and help me with my task, and of course this always ended up with us making out the moment Brian's back was turned. Be it in the bathroom, kitchen, office or even supply cuboard. We never went further than making out simply because we were being careful, although I knew the moment Brian left the building we wouldn't hesitate.

College was fine too, especially now that both Ray and Kellin were speaking to me again. I'd been avoiding James and Isabel like the plauge so as far as your adverage week in May goes, I couldn't fault it. I couldn't even find a fault in the british weather, and that was really saying something.

I guess I'm a pessimist at times though, as I always expect the worst. I can't just appricate something being good, I have to get suspicious of when the bad will raise it's head. I like to think that by being pessimistic I am always either expecting it or plesantly suprised, whereas Optimists are always either expecting it or dissapointed. At least that's what I told myself when the week came to an end without any more drama.

Of course, I wasn't complaining. In fact I relished in it. By the time Sunday came around me, James, Isabel and ray were sitting down in the church pew without so much as a bicker between us. Mainly because I only spoke to Ray, making sure he was seated between myself and his parents, but still.

Throughout the service I did my best to wind up Gerard, the good week going to my head. Whenever Brian was speaking i'd make sure to catch eyes with Gerard and bite my lip, sometimes even smirk a little just to watch him squrim under that tight collar. It certianly made the time pass quicker.

At the end of the service everyone was milling around, drinking cups of tea and coffee and discussing some local charity events or a missing cat. I can't say I paid much attention. Normally I just stood leaning against the wall until they were all ready to go home, but this time Ray approached me before his parents.

"Hey, I need to go ask Father Way to sign a form for me, want to come?" He asked so innocently that I almost laughed.

"Yeah sure" I shrugged "What do you need him to sign anyway?"

"I'm applying for universities and one of them want's my priest's signature to confirm that i'm a Christian" He explained.

"Hmm and let me guess, your dad is making you apply for this one?" I asked as we made our way through the crowd and into the hallway.

"It's not my first choice or anything, but yeah he suggested it" Ray shrugged it off "Not that I really mind though as it's a good university and by doing this I keep my dad happy too, so it's a win-win situation."

"Not really, seeing as you won't be studying music there and we both know that's your real talent here" I called after him as we made our way up the stairs towards the office that I had grown to know so well.

"What do you expect me to do?" He frowned, turning to wait for me as I caught up "Drop out of music and start some sort of aggressive punk band?"

"Why not?" I grinned "You could piss your parents off and have a great time doing so. Who knows? Maybe you'll make it big time as a rock star."

"Get real" He rolled his eyes "I'm from a sleepy town with average aspirations. People like me don't make it."

"Says who?" I kept on, not caring that my persistence was probably irritating him by this point "I think you can make it. You have talent, brains and a personality, what more could you possibly need?"