CHAPTER 4

I have no idea why I caps locked the title for this chapter. I just felt the need. Anyway, there's one more day to enter my 1D UG Watty Awards! You can find it in my profile. Don't forget to comment! (No threats I hope *coughImeanfromyouAyanacough*). LOVE YOU ALL!!!

PEASKIES!! xx Shel

Chapter 4

Three days. That’s all that’s left until the concert. The boys had just arrived in New York yesterday, I learned that from Ella in class this morning. Girls were going crazy about an interview they were doing this afternoon. Thankfully we were still on break when the interview started, leaving Ella and I free to watch it on the flat screen in the dressing room.

“Welcome back!” The annoying female host said in an overly peppy voice. This is why I never watched these shows. “I’m here with One Direction.”

The whole crowd exploded with screams and girls crying out the boys’ names as the camera zoomed in on each of them. I smiled when the camera focused on my Irish boy, but it soon faded when I noticed his smile was tight and forced. Liam gave Niall a reassuring pat on the shoulder that made me wonder what was wrong.

“Now boys, I know you get asked this all the time, but who’s single?”

Harry was the only one that raised his hand. Gasps and shouts at Niall came from the audience while butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

“Wow!” The host faked surprise. “Who are each of you dating?”

Liam spoke first. “Everyone knows mine and Louis’ girlfriends. Their names are Danielle and Eleanor and they actually came here to New York with us.”

Cheers from the crowd.

“I’m dating a girl named Perrie,” Zayn said simply, not going into too much detail like always.

Niall twiddled his thumbs, refusing to look up.

“What about you, Niall?” The host urged.

He looked up, his blue eyes showing his pain. I wanted to reach out and touch the TV screen, but I stopped myself right as my hand lifted. “You all know my girlfriend. She danced with us at the charity ball. I call her Red. Sadly she had to leave London and come back here which is where she’s from. I haven’t seen her in about five months, but I’m hoping that changes soon.”

The audience was a mixture of awes and girls crying. A tear slipped down my cheek and this time I really did reach out and touch the television.

Ella turned it off when it went to commercial and turned to me, her jaw dropped. “No. Way.”

I wiped away my tears and looked at her in confusion. “What?”

“He was talking about you, wasn’t he? That was the band you performed with in London? Why did you tell me!”

I smiled at the ground. “Yeah, he was talking about me. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. I didn’t want anyone to know.”

She slapped my arm. “You should’ve told me!”

I rubbed my arm, furrowing my brows at her to let her know it hurt.

“Wait.” Her eyes widened. “He sent you all that stuff! Freaking Niall Horan sent you freaking tickets and passes to their freaking concert and who knows what else!”

I threw my hand over her mouth, hushing her while I giggled. “Shut up! Someone will hear you.”

She mumbled something against my palm, forcing my to let her speak so I could understand her. “You’re the one that kissed him on stage at the ball! It was all over Twitter!”