Chapter 7

It's short, I know, but I uploaded this story twice in one night! That makes up for it, right?

xx Shel

Chapter 7

“You’re crazy. What do you honestly think she’ll do?” Ella asked as I tugged her along with me.

I glanced over my shoulder. “For all I know, she might rape him or something.” Ella’s eyes widened into saucers. “I’m kidding! I hope anyway…” Now that I thought of it… No, no, no. I had to get to Niall.

I followed the sound of screaming girls until I discovered the area it was coming from. We got there just in time to see Clara step up in front of Niall. He was apart from the boys, doing something on his phone when Clara tapped his shoulder. She stood on her toes and whispered something in his ear that made him look very uncomfortable. She put her finger under his chin and made him look at her, leaning closer as she did so. Niall was frozen in place, unsure what was going on.

“Oh, heck no!” I said, sprinting past the line of girls and shoving Clara away from my boyfriend. I grabbed the collar of Niall’s red polo and pulled him down to my level, pressing my lips to his to prove a point. He was mine and I didn’t care who knew. Nobody, especially not my insane stepsister, would take him away.

Niall smiled into the kiss, pulling away before we both got carried away. I opened my eyes to see his bright blues ones shining down at me, his smile bigger than I had ever seen it. He wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug, pressing his face into the side of my neck which sent chills down my spine. It was the best hug I had ever gotten.

“I didn’t know you were the jealous type,” he whispered as he pulled away.

I turned to face Clara and the shocked crowd, answering Niall as I did. “I’m normally not, but this girl is my thirteen-year-old stepsister. She’s trying to do everything possible to make you forget about me. She didn’t even know your name until a week ago.”

Gasps came from the crowd, followed by shouts of, “Directionator!”

Clara rolled her eyes. “Whatever. This wasn’t even worth my time. He’s not even cute.”

“That’s it!” I lunged at her, tackling her to the ground. She screamed and threw a punch, which I easily blocked. We rolled across the ground, pulling each other’s hair and clawing at the other’s skin. I ended up back on top of her and was about to slap her when Niall grabbed me around the waist and pried me off while Paul grabbed Clara off the floor.

“Wait until Mom hears you were here and you did this to me!” Clara spat at me before shaking free of Paul and marching toward the door.

“I don’t care!” I shouted after he. “Tell her anything you want!”

Paul glared at me. “Niall, get her out of here.” He said through clenched teeth.

Nialler was silent as he took my hand and led me back to the dressing room, making me feel horrible about what I had done. I always had a short fuse to my temper, but I had never been in a catfight before. It just wasn’t something I did. I guess there’s a first time for everything, huh?

Niall sat me down on the couch in the dressing room, still not speaking as he grabbed a towel and wet it. He came back over and knelt in front of me, dabbing at the spot on my face where I guess Clara had raked her nails. I couldn’t help but wince when the cold water came in contact with the fresh injury.

“Sorry,” he apologized, biting his lip.

I shook my head. “I should be the one apologizing. I don’t know what happened back there. I just let all my frustration I’ve bottled up get the best of me and took it out on her. I’ll never do that to a fan, I promise! It’s just she’s such a-” Niall stopped me with a kiss.

“You talk too much,” he whispered after he successfully shut me up. “You were just standing up for me. That doesn’t need an apology.”

I grabbed him and pulled him in for another kiss, but this time we didn’t pull away so soon. Matter-of-fact, we didn’t let go of one another until the door swung open and Harry groaned, “Niall, stop snogging your girlfriend on the couch! I sit there, you know.”

Niall leaned away from me for second, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he looked at Hazza. “Deal with it,” he said, leaning down to kiss me again.

A pillow was thrown at our heads, breaking us apart. We both sent a glare at the person who threw it.

Liam wagged his finger at us. “Don’t look at me like that. I realize you two haven’t been together in months but that doesn’t mean you can do that in public.”

“That reminds me. Did you bring your change of clothes?” Niall asked me, excitement suddenly in his voice.

“Um, yeah. They’re in my bag.”

“Go change!” He pulled me up off the couch, shoving my purse into my arms before spinning me around and pushing me towards the bathroom.

“Wait! Harry?” I stopped at the bathroom door, looking over at the curly haired boy.

“Erm, yeah?” He glanced up at me.

“Take care of Ella while I’m gone, okay?”

“So, um, basically, you want me to babysit your friend?”

I nodded. “Yeah, pretty much.”

Niall pushed me again. “Hurry!”

I giggled and ran into the bathroom to change.