Chapter 21

Yay! A really long chapter! The picture (if it worked) is Kora's ring! But hers is heart shaped.

xx Shel

Chapter 21

I laughed as Niall carried me bridal-style through the front door of his flat. He insisted on carrying me because my feet were killing me from the heels he had gotten me (which were now off my feet and in my right hand).

“I’m really sorry they hurt your feet so bad,” he apologized again, setting me down on the kitchen counter.

I giggled. “Don’t be. They’re heels; they’ll hurt until I break them in. It’s not like I can get blisters-my feet are too callused from dance-so no worries.” I beamed at him.

He smiled. “I’m glad to hear that.”

“I hope you know how much I appreciate the party and this dress and the shoes. You really didn’t have to do anything.”

“I wanted to. You’re my princess, you deserve to be spoiled.”

I shook my head at him, laughing. “Thank you. What are you planning on doing now?”

“Well, first, I want to give you part two of your birthday present.”

I watched while Niall went over to the cookie jaw and reached in, pulling out a small jewelry box. He brought it over to me, making me open my hand so he could place the box in it.

“Open it,” he instructed.

I did as he instructed, my hand flying up to my mouth as I gasped. Inside the box was a small, heart shaped, Alexandrite ring with a silver band. Alexandrite was one of the birthstones of June, my birth month. I looked up at Niall, then back at the ring, awestruck.

“Do you like it?” Niall questioned, biting his lip.

“Like it?” I whispered, tears once again pooling in my eyes. “I love it, Niall! It’s gorgeous!”

He grinned. “I’m glad to hear that. It’s a real Alexandrite stone, too. Did you know June has three gems it counts as birthstones? I chose the one I thought looked most you.”

I smiled as he talked, sliding the ring onto my right ring finger. “Wow, it fits perfectly.”

“To be fair, Dani told me your ring size, so it’s not like I guessed or anything.”

I smiled up at my boyfriend. “It’s amazing, Nialler.” I wrapped my arms around his neck. “I love it. Thank you so much.”

“I’m glad you like it. You’re welcome.” He ruffled my hair. “Now, do you want to do a twitcam with me?” He gave me a hopeful smile.

I snickered. “Sure, just let me go change.”

“No, no. I want them so see your dress before you change.”

I rolled my eyes. “Fine, ya weirdo.”

He winked at me then ran to his room to grab his Mac. I sat on the counter smiling at my ring, loving the way the light reflected off it. I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was.

“Okay, I just tweeted I was about to do a twitcam with you. Now, let’s get this thing to work.” He sat down in the floor in front of the couch, patting his knee for me to sit on.

I sat in his lap, laying my hands over his arm when he wrapped it around my waist. I got on twitter on my phone, sending out a tweet to my followers about our twitcam while Niall went about trying to get it to work.

“Can you see us?” He asked, making me look up. A bunch of messages showed up in the chat box. “Woo-hoo, it’s working!”

“Woot, woot!” I cheered, fist pumping the air.