Chapter 34

You guys are lucky I like y'all because I took a break from reading Divergent to write this chapter, so feel special! If you haven't read Divergent, I highly recommend you do! It's like... the most amazingly awesome book I have ever read. I just borrowed it from a friend on Sunday and I'm already over halfway through it and it's a 487 page book, so yeah go read it!

Question of the chapter: Outside of wattpad, what is your favorite book? Right now mine's Divergent!

xx Shel

Chapter 34

I wiped the steam off the mirror after my shower, taking in my appearance. My eyes weren’t as bright as usual, but I wasn’t sure if that was from exhaustion or from the decision I had made in the shower. I sighed and adjusted my shirt so it hung off my shoulder then took the plastic wrap off my cast. That thing sure made showers a pain in the butt.

After grabbing my crutches, I hobbled my way into the kitchenette to find Niall sitting in the middle of the counter with his guitar in his lap.

“Hey, Red,” he greeted me, smiling as he strummed away.

One side of my mouth tilted up and I gave a small wave after I leaned against the back of the couch.

Niall sat his instrument aside and studied me, giving me a knowing look. “What’s wrong, love?”

I looked down and ran my hand through my hair. “I think…” I swallowed. This was harder than I thought. “I think we should do auditions to replace me in the sh-show.” My breath hitched at the end. I didn’t want to see someone take my place, but I knew it was for the best. Despite how badly I wanted to be out on that stage, there was no way I could and it wasn’t fair to leave Niall all alone.

“Aw, love. Come here.” Niall hopped off the counter and pulled me into his arms, stroking my hair as I cried into his shoulder. I didn’t realize it would hurt me to think of someone else dancing my part. “Why do you think we should replace you?”

“It’s not fair that the other boys have their partners and you don’t…”

He rubbed soothing circles on my back as I rested my head on his shoulder. “I did fine all those months without you.”

I knew he was trying to help, but a reminder of when I was away from him was definitely not what I wanted right now. I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut for a minute to keep from crying again.

Niall suddenly held me at arm’s length, looking me in the eye. “I think you should hear Danielle’s plan before saying we should have auditions.”

I forgot Dani had come up with an idea last night when they showed up on the Skype call. My eyebrows knitted together. “What’s her plan?”

He smirked, saying, “Come with me and you’ll find out.”

*****

I glanced at Niall as we entered the lobby of the auditorium where the concert had been last night. He wouldn’t tell me what was going on or why we were here. I thought everything would have been cleared out and packed away since we were leaving in an hour to go to our next stop on the tour, but I guess I was wrong.

I didn’t pay attention to the stage as we walked through the double doors that led into the actual auditorium, I was too focused on maneuvering my crutches down the slope of the middle aisle. I stared at the red carpet, making sure I didn’t catch the bottom of one of my crutches on the velvet seat or slip, so when Danielle called my name I didn’t look up at first.

“Kora!” She called again, her voice louder.

I was still determined to not look up. I just wanted to make it down this aisle without killing myself.

Dancing Alone (DI1D Sequel)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें