Chapter 8

Ayana, you're going to love this chapter. Just saying.

PEACESKIES! xx Shel

Chapter 8

I slipped into my new outfit, unable to keep the smile of my face. My outfit consisted of black skinny jeans, a denim button up tank, and white Converse sneakers. I pulled two pieces of my curled hair to the back of my head and stuck a big royal blue bow in it.

After touching up my makeup, I shoved my other clothes into my purse, grabbed my boots, and went back out into the dressing room. I glanced around the room, smiling at how laid back everyone seemed. Harry was sitting with Ella on the couch, sharing a piece of cake they had managed to hide from Niall. Liam was sitting in the floor with Danielle doing a twitcam on his laptop. Louis was stuffing his face with cookies while sitting on Zayn who appeared to be asleep.

“Where’s Niall?” I asked, sitting my stuff down so I didn’t have to lug it around on my date.

Before anyone answered, Niall came strolling through the door in a simple dark blue t-shirt and jeans with a blue and white snapback covering his hair. I grinned at him, pulling him in for a hug when he got close enough.

“You look beautiful,” he whispered to me before kissing my forehead.

I blushed, smiling up at him.

He took my hand, intertwining our fingers. “Ready to go?”

“You bet.”

*****

“Where are we going?” I laughed, trying not to trip as Niall led the way to our destination with his hands over my eyes.

“Be patient. You’ll see when we get there.”

I giggled as Niall and I pulled tripped, tumbling to the grass in a series of not-so-graceful flips and rolls. Niall landed on top of me, catching himself with his hands so he didn’t squash me. I couldn’t help but laugh. Of course this would happen with us, seeing as we were both horribly clumsy around each other.

“Are you okay?” Niall asked, moving to get up.

I stopped him, wrapping my arms around his neck. “Where do you think you’re going, mister? Don’t you know in movies when this type of moment happens the couple uses ends up kissing before they get up? Have I not taught you anything?”

Niall’s eyes danced playfully as he leaned closer to me. “Oh, really? Well if you insist.”

I smirked before letting my eyes close, my smile widening as his lips barely touched mine. Then he jumped to his feet, giving me an evil grin when my eyes shot open.

“Not cool!” I yelled at him, getting to my own feet.

He feigned an innocent look. “I have no idea what you are talking about.”

“Just for that you have to give me a piggy back ride the rest of the way.”

He smirked before turning his back to me and squatting down so I could hop on. “Alright by me. It’s just over this hill.”

I rested my head on his shoulder as he carried me, letting my eyelids flutter close. It was well after midnight and I was exhausted, but at the same time I didn’t ever want to go to sleep again. I was afraid if I did this moment would end and all this would end up being a dream when I woke up, just a memory of something I wished would happen.

“Red?” Niall’s Irish inflection broke through the haze that had started to cloud my mind. I lifted my head off his shoulder, rubbing my eyes. “We’re here, love.”