Chapter 10: Deeper Secrets

IMPORTANT A/N:

I'm using the 'Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital' from Grey's Anatomy in this story. I love Grey's Anatomy and its based in Seattle, where Fifty Shades is based too. So I wondered, why not use it? I'm not going to make anything big from it. I mean sure there will be names here but that's all. Hope you enjoy the chapter! It's my favorite one so far!❤

Chapter 10: Deeper Secrets

(Ana's POV)

"Luke, this isn't necessary at all!", I whine. The last thing i want right now is to go to a hospital.

"The reports you showed me were from a local clinic. We can't rely on it only."

"So what do you want me to do? Go to a big fancy hospital for tests again?!"

"Exactly."

"You are being delusional! I don't understand what is wrong with these reports!", I put the reports in front of his face. He shoves my hand away.

"Ana i'm driving! Jeez! Last thing I want is Mr. Grey finding out we were in a car accident."

"Shut up!", I whine like a baby. Mila watches our banter in amusement. She doesn't know these kind of banters were on regular basis 6 years back. Luke is still the same, too stubborn.

Luke pulls into the parking lot of 'Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital'. Sudden anxiety kicks in.. I'm in a hospital. Everything seems so official now. I hate hospitals. Even the mere thought about them makes me nauseous.

We go inside and we are greeted with strong smell of medicines. The smell when you open the bottle of Acetone? Imagine that smell multiplied into 100 mixed with another I-don't-know-what liquids. Call me a baby but this is making me feel dizzy right now. I'm not ready for this.

"I'm not having a good feeling about this, lets go Luke, we'll come tomorrow.", I whisper to Luke but he ignores me. "You cannot ignore me!", I whisper - shout and jerk his shoulder back.

"We've been through this Ana!", he shoots back in a low voice. "If you tell Mr. Grey about this i'm sure he'll have a second opinion too. So lets get a confirmation beforehand." As much as I would love to not admit, he is being rational here. Sooner rather than later.

Luke talks to some of the nurses who take us to general ward which has a lot beds together. She instructs me to lay down on one of them and says a doctor should attend us soon.

We wait for half an hour but there was no sign of any doctor. Just when Luke couldn't wait anymore and got up to call the doctor, a female voice interrupts him.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Gerald," she says brightly as she picks up the card attached to our bed that the nurse put there earlier. She is wearing dark blue scrubs and I assume she must be an attendant here. She then proceeds to examine me, and I move according to her instructions.. or at least i'm trying to do so. My palms are sweaty and my face looks like i've just eaten a piece of lime.

"Relax", she laughs lightly. I focus on Dr. Gerald's face instead. She must be in her early thirties I guess and she has such a pleasant voice. I could feel Luke's and Mila's eyes boring behind us and I blush so hard. Well, this is awkward. "I need to run some tests and then only I can give you accurate results.", she says.

"Oh.. does it.. like.. seem serious to you now?", I ask, trying my best to keep my voice from quivering.

"I can tell you best when the test results come", she smiles, giving nothing away. I swear I can never be a doctor. Whatever I feel always gets reflected on my facial expressions. But her, her face seems like one that has just come from a bubble bath after a long tiring day. I need to work on that.