Chapter 17: Surpassed Feelings

Anastasia's POV

(5 years ago)

Please don't cry, please don't cry..

I chanted this statement like a mantra in my mind. The taxi ride was so bumpy i was sure it can even surpass the bumps on the rollercoaster at six flags.

As if on the cue, a sharp piercing sound rebounded in the taxi. Mila was crying, and that too, very loudly. Damn you, Seattle roads. The taxi driver shot an annoyed look in the rear view mirror, clearly not wanting his first passengers to ruin his rest of the day. I mean it was 7:30 in the morning..

I rocked Mila helplessly in my arm, cooing incoherent words but to no avail. I hadn't been getting enough sleep those days.. I was tired and I wanted a nap badly.

But then I thought about how I could meet Christian in the next 15 minutes and I, too, could have a beautiful family I always dreamed of. I don't know what would he do with the sudden title of father given to him.. but I was sure that he would be able to live upto it. He is Christian Grey, the same person who changed himself for me.

I rocked Mila, telling her about how we could meet her daddy and could live a happy life here rather than a trashy life there in Santa Fe.

Yeah like she understands that, my inner goddess snickered.

But, believe it or not, it actually worked. Mila stopped crying and then, fully awake, was staring at me. Her eyes are so mesmerizing that I hold her gaze and she stared back at me. Who says eyes cannot help with the communication?

Our moment was disturbed when the taxi suddenly came to halt. I looked outside and there it was.. Escala.

I paid the taxi driver, which costed me a fortune and I mentally noted never to take a taxi even if I am not on a budget. I got outside hurriedly, Mila in one hand and the bags in another. Its not very comfortable, i'd say, but well, it was just a matter of time.

I started walking towards the entrance but was stopped by the security. I notice that they aren't the regular security guards that used to be here.

"Where too, ma'am?", the security guard with the name tag of Joshua, said to me.

"Christian Grey's penthouse", I replied confidently.

"Do you have an appointment?", he asked.

Appointment?

"Not.. really. But he knows me", I say, my voice faltering a bit.

"Ma'am I need to talk to Mr. Grey", Joshua says, without budging.

He went back to the office at the side of entrance and dialed a number. What is this? I don't remember any security questioning when I used to come here. But then there was always someone with me when I came here.

"What's your name, Ma'am?", Joshua interrupts my train of thoughts.

"Ana Steele", I say. Mila was sleeping comfortably in my arms then, oblivious to what was going on there. Suddenly my resolution to meet Christian falters. Why was all of this happening?

"Ma'am, they need to talk to you", Joshua says, handing me the receiver of the telephone.

Hoping to hear Christian's voice again, I abandoned my bags and took the receiver eagerly.

"Hello?", I say. I was bouncing in my mind, that I was finally going to talk to Christian. But the next voice surprised me.

"Anastasia, sweetie.. you should go.", wait. This wasn't Christian. Infact this voice was nowhere related to a male voice. But I know this voice. It was the same voice that ruined my life and still had the power to ruin it. And now her voice through this receiver, indicating her presence at Christian's house, angered me. Infact I was boiling.