Chapter 15: The Clear Picture

(Christian's POV)

I pace back and forth in my study, can't help but rewind yesterday like a carousel. I met Anastasia. Anastasia Rose Steele. The same woman who shattered my heart into a million pieces 6 years ago.. without an explanation. And her stupid letter is barely called an explanation.

But why is she here? She mentioned something about me meeting someone. Who is that someone? A boyfriend? Perhaps husband?

It can't be, my subconscious says.

We are still legally married. She can't marry anyone until she gets a divorce from me. Something feels different when I think about the word 'divorce' but I can't quite place it. I'm supposed to be angry remember? But in reality, i'm curious. I still don't want Anastasia back in my life, but I do want to know where did she hide in these past years and why did she come here again.

A knock on the door distracts me. I call the person inside.

"You called, Mr. Grey?", Taylor says, confused.

"Yes, go get the car ready, we are going to the office", I state. He looks at me dumfounded.

"Mr. Grey, umm.. today is a sunday..", he trails off, probably thinking that his boss is out of his brain. True. I'm losing my shit right now. Plus I have paperwork to do, maybe that will distract me.

"Thank you for being my calendar but can you now go get the car out from the fucking parking lot?", I say, venom oozing in my voice. I don't intend to be this rude, specially not with Taylor.. after all he was there for me every second in these 6 years, literally been a call away.

He widens his eyes a little and mutters a timid apology and leaves immediately. I feel so disgusted with myself right now.. what is happening? Is this all Anastasia? Or is it just my mind bugging me to constantly to think about her and ruin my day?

I get into the car and Taylor drives me to my office building. I sit comfortably in the backseat, still going through the last night's happenings.

I met her. She looks so much thinner than before.. her hair.. why is it short? I loved her long locks. Random memories of me braiding her hair comes to my mind. I gulp and shove it to the corner of my mind, hell I throw the thought away.

After I left her, when Kate, Elliot and me got into the car, there was utter silence. No one spoke anything at all.. and I was surprised at Kate's reaction. Anastasia's departure broke not only me but her too. Unlike me, she wasted years thinking what could've been the reason for Ana's sudden escape? As she always say, and I quote, "so pure and innocent that can put a baby to shame." Guess she wasn't that pure and innocent as such.

Taylor suddenly stops the car and I look outside to an unfamiliar place. Wait, this isn't my office?

"The car is out of gas", Taylor mutters the answer to the unasked question and gets out. I sigh and get out as he refills the gas. Taylor has been weird since yesterday. His whole demeanor screams something's off but I can't place it. He explained his disappearance yesterday saying 'Sawyer had some issues' and that's all. Not only him, my whole staff is acting weird. I hardly have been seeing of Sawyer lately, what issues is he facing? Hope they aren't too serious.

I was fidgeting with phone when something in the park opposite the gas station catches my eye. Or rather, someone. She is perked up on a bench with her head in her hands. Where have I seen her now? I rack my brains.. i've seen her somewhere.

The hospital.

The girl!

What was her name..? Mina.. Mia.. something from M.. Mila! Her name is Mila! But what is she doing there? All alone?