Chapter 14: The Meet

(Ana's POV)

"Why on earth you didn't mention Elena fucking Lincoln is going to be here?!", I shout on top of the blaring music, trying my best to keep the anger in control. Last thing I want is to make a scene and we already got a few heads turned towards us.

Luke's eyes widen a bit and he blinked at me. "She is here?", he says with surprise.

"Yes!"

"I don't know why is she here, Ana. If you want I can keep her away from you."

"Nevermind, she just left", or at least I she did. Luke nods his head towards the bar, encouraging me to search for Christian.

"Did you find Christian or Elliott?", I ask.

"No."

"Are they even here?"

"Yes", he states and I gesture him to go ahead.

"I saw Taylor outside. He knows we are here"

"Oh.." and I suddenly have an urge to meet him.

"Don't even think, Ana. Not everyone is Gail", he shakes his head as he answers my unasked question. I sigh at his response. Of course.

"What will Christian think of me, Luke?", I sigh.

"Honestly, I don't know. But I want to say, be ready for whatever his reaction may be."

I purse my lips and turn around and go to the bar again. I order orange soda, which of course costs a fortune here, but I don't care.

I sip on my drink and think of all the possible reasons how could Christian react.. that's if I can search him in this swarm of sweaty humans.

I imagine walking upto him when I find his perfect structure with his tousled hair as he runs his hand in them. I imagine his grey eyes meet mine and immediately smile when he sees me. I imagine him coming towards me with his perfect stride, circling his arms around my waist as he kisses my lips in perfect synchronization. And then whisper, "I've been waiting for you Anastasia."

But alas, this is no Disney and i'm no princess.

"Orange soda?", a voice behind me asks and I freeze.

Oh. My.

Christ.

I can never forget this. voice. I tighten my hold around the glass and almost stop breathing. My eyes frantically search for Luke, but I find him nowhere.

Shit. Where the fuck is my rescue?!

"You look lonely", he says behind me. He brings his hand where my hands are literally clutching the glass for my dear life, but he doesn't touch me. I can feel his breath on the back of my neck, but I don't move at all. It feels like if I move, everything will be over. My throat is so dry that I cannot even find my own damn voice.

His hand inches closer but suddenly withdraws as he orders 2 more glasses of orange soda.

"Don't be so coy", he tries again but I sense irritation in his voice this time. Of course, nobody rejects him.

Fucking turn, both my inner goddess and subconscious cheers.

Should I? Or should I just leave?

I was so lost in my internal dilemma that I nearly jump when his cool fingers touch the back of my palm. He didn't grab my hand or anything, just the tips of his fingers touching the back of my hand.