Chapter 18: Moving

Chapter 18: Moving.

Anastasia's POV

I can see absolutely nothing. The blindfold currently is placed safely around my eyes, blocking my vision.

"Feel it", I hear Christian's voice distantly and as if on the cue, a sharp bite - probably of a flogger - lands on my stomach.

My back arcs and I can't move my hands. Handcuffs.

Another sharp sting comes across my thigh and I yelp in both pain and pleasure.

"Christian!", I scream as series of blows come up next. What is this? How did I end up hear? "Why are you doing this?", I manage to say between the screaming and gasping.

"Because you left me.", his voice is clear.

Distantly, I hear a sound of the bell. It rings again but Christian doesn't stop. Infact he is saying so many things at once that I cannot concentrate on anything.

"Why did you leave me? I loved you. We could have had a second chance, why Anastasia? I can -"

But I try to get his voice out of my head and focus on the bell instead. It is a doorbell and its ringing too many times for my liking.

The haze clears as I shift my focus away from Christian and everything stops all together. And as if on the cue, my eyes fling open.

I gasp as my eyes focus on the surrounding. I'm lying on the bed with Mila half sprawled across me. I'm covered in sweat with the sound of doorbell continuously irritating me. Who is it this early in the morning?

I get up, careful not to disturb Mila and run towards the door. What was that dream? Why would I dream about such a thing?

I open the door and I find a neatly dressed woman standing with a tray of food. I did not order any breakfast?

"Good Morning ma'am. Here's the complimentary breakfast on the check out", she says, chirpier than ever.

But then I focus on what she said. A complimentary breakfast.. on check out?

"What do you mean by check out?", I say, my brows furrowed.

"You checked out an hour before. Our hotel has a policy for this month to give complimentary breakfast on checking out", she says, her grin not faltering a bit.

"Stefanie", I read her name tag, "I never checked out."

"Yes you did, the reception desk informed us. You checked out an hour before."

"I have absolutely no clue of what are you talking about." What is this crap? Is someone playing a prank on me?

She gives me a quizzical glace. What should I do in this situation?

"Give me 10 minutes, i'll ask the reception desk myself.", I say and close the door on her face. If this is some sort of prank, i'm going to sue this hotel.

I dial the number to reception desk from the telephone in the room.

"Hotel Palm View, how may I help you?", a calm female voice answers.

"Hello, i'm from room 402 and your staff told us that we checked out an hour before?"

"One minute ma'am", she says. I look at Mila, who is now awake because of the commotion at the door, sitting groggily on the bed. "Yes ma'am, you've been checked out an hour before.", she confirms.

"But I don't remember checking out?", I say, more confused.

"Our register says so."

"Well, thank you.", I say and disconnect the call.